Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys been to a bike dealership lately? I usually stop in if i'm going by just to check out the merch and stuff. Take off my helmet and leave the rest of my gear on. The first thing I notice is that everyone is usually an ******* to me. They see that I already have a bike or something, so they ignore me completely. I go to ask some basic questions about the newer models and they just give me attitude and don't care to help me much at all. The only way I've ever gotten their attention is by taking out my wallet and start counting money near the high markup items (helmets, jackets etc). I notice this kind of rudeness more so at bike/atv shops than anywhere else. I get better service walking into Wal-Mart from the nice old man.

Hell even the place I bought my bike from doesn't give me the time of day.

Anyone else see this trend...maybe it's just new england bike shops...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i get it as well. they are salesmen thought, and as a group, we generally are at work for one reason and one reason only, to make money. unfortunatly thats the way commissioned sales jobs are. if a sales guy sees you, someone who he percieves as a non-buyer, he is not gonna want to take time to talk with you, when someone who might buy something might walk in right after you, and he would miss that opportunity to sell something.

thats just the way it is mostly. personally, i create networks, relying on referals mostly to make money. a referal is more likely to purchase because there is already a trust level established before they even walk in. the way you network is by talking to everyone, and generally being a nice guy. but my techniques are from 8 years of commissioned sales experience, most guys dont have the balls to try it, cause it doesnt result in immediate cash flow, but the truth is network style sales results in twice the sales of walk in customers. it takes time, and most sales people are rather impatient, arrogant, and money hungry.

on a side note, i went to a local dealership for some chain lube, was lookin at the 1000rr's, and a sales guy came up to me. i asked about the 07 600rr, and he said that there are going to be no major modifications to it, so why wait until then when i could buy the bike now? i told him from what i understand its a complete redesign and he said no, it was just redesigned in 06. i said thats funny, cause its the same bike as 05, and 05 was when they upgraded the design to the inverted forks, lighter wieght, radial mounted brakes, etc, and he looked at me blankly and said, no, they didnt do anything in 05, and hes not sure who shared this info with me, but they are wrong. I just started laughing and told him to go read a product knowlege manual before he starts tellin someone who owns one and rides with a couple other guys with diff model years that they are wrong about their bikes. he got all pissed and handed me his card saying "come look at the 07's when they come out, bet you sticker price that they are exactly the same" and walked off. what a tool.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
btw, i went there in my cage, so he had no idea that i ride.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I know what you mean man. Dealerships are starting to become obsolete if you ask me. You can find parts WAY cheaper online, RARELY is there ANYONE in the whole place that WORKS THERE who knows wtf they are talkin about, you can usually buy one of your buddies a pack of beer to install anything on your bike, do maintenance or thoubleshoot. The only real reason to go to a dealership anymore is to actually buy a brand new bike. If you're lookin for specs or advice on new models the best place for that is right here haha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts