Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not new to this forum but had to re-register since it's been awhile. I also cruise sportbikes.net (I used to be 1FlyF4i over there years ago). I sold an '03 CBR600RR last spring and took last season off and have since moved to Virginia from Minnesota. I've been riding for about 5 years/40k miles/3 CBR600's (F2, F4i, 600RR).

The bug is back and I need a red/black '07 600RR, however, I have no clue about the dealers in the VA/MD/DC area. Does anyone have any recommendations on a dealership/sales person I should check out/talk to? Are there any dealerships I should stay away from?

I talked to a guy at Coleman PowerSports in Falls Church, VA who said he could probably get me into a new one for 8500 with a grand down -- after reading some of the posts on here that seems a bit high still. I paid 7499 + tax/lic. for my '03 the season they came out (granted they were MSRP for 8499 back then).

Thanks for any info and ride safe this season!

Nick

·
Registered
432 Posts
I can vouch for Loudoun Motorsports in Leesburg.. Look for Dave and he will hook you up, tell him Kelly sent you. 8500 isn't a horrible deal but you might want to bounce that offer off a couple more dealerships to see what you can come down with.

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
There is a Stoleman's (coleman's) in my area in Woodbridge, Va. I have HEARD that they are overpriced but I can't say for sure. From my personal experience, I hate going there because they never have what I want in stock. For it to be a large shop, the inventory is (or at least when I show up) never there. They have some cool people there though. I go to a mom and pop shop called Motorcycle Factory Inc here in Woodbridge. Was just there last weekend and they do have the 07 RR's on the floor. One was calling my name but I had to walk away, lol. They have great people there and will work with you. Check them out - click the link.

MFI Woodbridge

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
There is a Stoleman's (coleman's) in my area in Woodbridge, Va. I have HEARD that they are overpriced but I can't say for sure. From my personal experience, I hate going there because they never have what I want in stock. For it to be a large shop, the inventory is (or at least when I show up) never there. They have some cool people there though. I go to a mom and pop shop called Motorcycle Factory Inc here in Woodbridge. Was just there last weekend and they do have the 07 RR's on the floor. One was calling my name but I had to walk away, lol. They have great people there and will work with you. Check them out - click the link.

MFI Woodbridge
Hey I remember Colemans from when I lived in Woodbridge/Dale City years ago!!! LMAO what a bunch of rip off fuggers!!!

I still remember them when they had a small little shop....they were ok back then, but I guess when you blow up and get really big you have to pass the increased payments on to the next guy.

On a lighter note...even when they opened up the big store, there were still two people i didn't mind dealing with there but I can't even remember their names and I'm sure they don't still work there......this was like 7-8 years ago.

by the way ...do you know if a place called Quality Tire is still around??? I used to do work for them....very cool people!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, guys. I'll check out Leesburg Motorsports place tomorrow and see what they can do.

By the way, where the heck can I live out here that's cheap? I live in Arlington and what a rip! I had a townhome in MPLS way nicer then this apartment for 800 bucks less a month (and I owned the thing)! What's Woodbridge like?

Nick

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
dude VA has gotten pretty expensive since i been there...but even 8 years ago I was paying like $600 for a 2BR apt. And what I hated the most about VA is the "personal property tax" , what a crock of sh!t that is....

Anyway, back to your question....it used to be that if you moved closer to Fredricksburg it would be a little cheaper....don't know about now

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys. I'll check out Leesburg Motorsports place tomorrow and see what they can do.

By the way, where the heck can I live out here that's cheap? I live in Arlington and what a rip! I had a townhome in MPLS way nicer then this apartment for 800 bucks less a month (and I owned the thing)! What's Woodbridge like?

Nick
Loudoun Motorsports told me 9949 was what the last 07 RR walked out at two weekends ago. Last year they said they would take no less than 8900 OTD for an 06 when Shenandoah was selling the 06s for 8160 OTD. Just an FYI.

·
1,196 Posts
What's Woodbridge like?
You don't want to know. Some areas are called "Hoodbridge" for obvious reasons. I am in one of the nicer areas with new homes but I live down the street from a water treatment facility (sewage plant) and my back deck is 100 yards from the train tracks (I don't even hear the train anymore) and at last appraisal, my place went for $580k for a TOWNHOUSE!!! Now granted I have an end unit so I get a postage stamp size yard but half a mil for this??? That is the question I ask every time I write the check for the mortgage. I am paying for convenience since I work in the District and it is easy to commute. I give myself another 3 years of this and I am moving south. Side note: Let me know when you want to get together and I can show you some nice twisties in the area.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You don't want to know. Some areas are called "Hoodbridge" for obvious reasons. I am in one of the nicer areas with new homes but I live down the street from a water treatment facility (sewage plant) and my back deck is 100 yards from the train tracks (I don't even hear the train anymore) and at last appraisal, my place went for $580k for a TOWNHOUSE!!! Now granted I have an end unit so I get a postage stamp size yard but half a mil for this??? That is the question I ask every time I write the check for the mortgage. I am paying for convenience since I work in the District and it is easy to commute. I give myself another 3 years of this and I am moving south. Side note: Let me know when you want to get together and I can show you some nice twisties in the area.
Pssst could you show me some twisties ... :icon_lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey Nick, a couple years ago I had to post the same question on the forum, and one of the guys told me to check out Blalock Cycles Company, it's a smaller shop and they are nice people...Coleman is just like an annoying car dealership. Their website is www.blalockcycle.com
When they told you 8500, was it OTD?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am in the NOVA area, really interested in the OTD prices are in the area. If you guys hear more, please post.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
8500 was not OTD -- I'm sure they would jack me for tax/lic. and whatever other tax you have to pay to get a toy out here.

As soon as I get one of these let's go for a ride. I might be a little rusty at first but after a month or so I should be chicken strip delete on the rear tire.

One of my customers in Bowie, MD has the sweetest right hand sweeper coming off 50 by the technology center out there - I'm partly buying a bike so I can hit that turn on a visit out there -- I'm using just about excuse to justify this purchase at this point -- 9499 MSRP on a 600? That's expensive.

I'll let ya'll know what I come up with.

Nick

·
Registered
388 Posts
8500 was not OTD -- I'm sure they would jack me for tax/lic. and whatever other tax you have to pay to get a toy out here.

As soon as I get one of these let's go for a ride. I might be a little rusty at first but after a month or so I should be chicken strip delete on the rear tire.

One of my customers in Bowie, MD has the sweetest right hand sweeper coming off 50 by the technology center out there - I'm partly buying a bike so I can hit that turn on a visit out there -- I'm using just about excuse to justify this purchase at this point -- 9499 MSRP on a 600? That's expensive.

I'll let ya'll know what I come up with.

Nick

Hey dude, I go to Coleman's for 'last minute parts' only! I would never buy a bike there because people pay their sticker prices. The sales guys will not budge either, if they do it's not by much.

I bought my 06 600RR when they came out brand new for 7800 OTD from Loudon Motorsports. They're all the way down Rt. 7 in Loudon, duh. Coleman's is gonna jack you on the taxes n' sh*t. NEVER pay MSRP.

·
1,196 Posts
Pssst could you show me some twisties ... :icon_lol:
Here you go.

My spot

The loop is I-95 to 619 to 234 back to I-95. It might not look like much but it is a lot of switch backs and deep curves with little traffic and a few houses. The speed varies from 35 to 45 MPH and as long as you are not doing anything stupid, the cops will usually leave you alone. The only bad side is that you sometimes have to share it with the cruiser guys but they occasionally let you pass on the straights.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here you go.

My spot

The loop is I-95 to 619 to 234 back to I-95. It might not look like much but it is a lot of switch backs and deep curves with little traffic and a few houses. The speed varies from 35 to 45 MPH and as long as you are not doing anything stupid, the cops will usually leave you alone. The only bad side is that you sometimes have to share it with the cruiser guys but they occasionally let you pass on the straights.
Sweet man ... I'll hit that up this weekend. You got anymore? Ever go out 66 towards Winchester?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts