Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has been there recently and how are the cops? I went last year for my first time and there were about 14 cops I counted on the 11 mile stretch of road. It sucked and they were pulling people over for bs reasons. Got pulled over 2 times in two days and none were for speeding or wreckless driving. One cop said my tire looked to worn and another for improper tag location, even though you could see it.

I was told that every few years they really crack down up there. Is it any better this year? I was thinking about riding down there my next two days off.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was up there the 27th, 28th, and 29th of last month. They weren't too bad then at all but tenn. started there 100 days of summer campaign since then so it might be bad now. I think if your going to run it fast do it before 8am or after 5pm and do other in between.

Have fun

·
Registered
903 Posts
I live 18 miles from Tabcat Bridge, the start of the hill. Weekdays are obviously better than weekends, but the bottom line is this: It ain't a racetrack, although I'm not implying that you are going up there to ride like it is one. THP is still up there in numbers (3 to maybe 5) on a weekend day and usually a Blount County or two. If you come up, be totally legal. License plate, insurance, "M" classification on your drivers license, etc. The LEO enforcement this year is NOT like it was last summer. They were handing out BS tickets for sure. This year it seems that they are actually up there to "enforce" the law, but not be stupid about it......if that makes sense. Crossing the double yellow will get you a ticket. Usually 10 to 15 MPH over the 30MPH speed limit will get you a ticket. Wheelies will get you a ticket. In other words, go up there and ride reasonably and you will be OK. I'm usually up there at some point in time almost every weekend, when I'm not at a Track Day, and I can ride from one end to the other at 35MPH and have a fun time. Trust me, there are corners that you CANNOT ride at 35MPH. The trick is to NOT accellerate in the short straights and start seeing 55, 65, 70 MPH.........that will get you an award from either the THP or Blount County S. O. Keep in mind too that there are plenty of other great roads to ride while you are in the area, just remember that NONE of them are your personal race tracks and you will have a lot of fun, you'll go home in one piece, and......most likely you will be ticket free on the return home. Enjoy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful responses. Thats what I was wanting to hear, that they werent giving out bs tickets. Last time I just got hassled over nothing. I know what ya mean about some curves are a blast at 35 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts