Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow motto enthusiast!
I am new to this kind of thing and just started on this site.. I would like to hear more peoples thoughts on things so I came up with a question for everyone.
I was having a debate with a friend earlier about what makes somebody a good motorcyclist? Please put your input in and let me and the rest of the members know how you think somebody is defined as a good motorcyclist...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
81 Posts
Someone who rides well within their limits and the limits of the conditions and has enough experience and knowledge to know those limits. Add to that someone proven fast and competent enough to at least be in the intermediate group at a track day and I'll give that person a "good" rating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was thinking around the same thing. A rider the respects the road and the people on it, from what I hear way too many people become over confident and they slack up on the road and then something happens when they are not paying attention. So for me I believe it is somebody who respects the road and has an open awareness of his/her surroundings. If you could do that I believe you could be considered a good driver.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Interesting question....

I would consider a good rider to be someone who can ride with enough confidence and competence so as not to pose a hazard to themselves or other road users, under both normal and (for lack of a better word) emergency riding conditions.

Or put simply: You don't have to be Dovi or Stoner to be good, you just have to be safe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
⬆I wouldnt say put his safety before others. Just doesn't endanger anyone you always have to try to be as safe as possible.. Even more aware then the other drivers on the road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts