Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ill be going in this tuesday to buy a RR and i was just curious at what would be a decent price for a 03 and an 04 (I live in VA if that makes any diff). I was thinking i would just go in there and offer 8000.00 for the bike (before taxes and tags). Is that too much? ive noticed some of you got your bike cheaper, but im not sure if location makes a diff. and what not. Oh, and I had a friend tell me that Honda offers insurance to riders... is this true? i was just thinkin about going with statefarm or something. anyways, thanks for any inputs.

K

·
Registered
936 Posts
Im not sure about the insurance. As to the prices. I think that $8000 or lower for OTD for a left over is good. But for an '04 anything less than MSRP for out the door is good. When you make an offer make an offer for an OTD price. Dont say that you'll give them 8000 before taxes and everything because they will get you on stupid crap like preparation charges and other BS. Make a firm OTD offer and stick to it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I work at a honda dealer and I have sold all of the rr I can get my hands on, and becouse of this, it is hard to come down on price cuz you know you can get what you want. Generally you can get 8599 plus tax. Allot of deallers will also charge you PDI, freight, and assembally. I sell mine for 92 out the dore. Some dealers may say 7999 but then when they get youto the back office it is ++++

·
Registered
75 Posts
I live in GA and I paid $8,600 out the door. A dealer here tried to get me for MSRP, so I went elsewhere.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I just bought a candy blue RR the other day for $8200 OTD and got a RF-1000 helmet for $10 over cost. :bounce:

Jason

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm looking into buying one pretty soon too. One dealer quoted me 8200. From the recommendation of friends I checked a dealer in Bartlesville, OK. They list the 03 RR as 7299 and the 04 as 7599. I'm currently waiting on a reply from them for total cost including upgrades. Here's the link:

http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/pre_owned_list.asp#HONDAMC04

Maybe it can give you some leverage when you go into your local shop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ctrow said:
I'm looking into buying one pretty soon too. One dealer quoted me 8200. From the recommendation of friends I checked a dealer in Bartlesville, OK. They list the 03 RR as 7299quote]

Great info, My dealer is charge me $8600 OTD for a 2003 :shock:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys, thanks for all the input, ill be going in tommorow to purchase an 600RR.
Im gonna offer 8700 OTD and if they reject it, then i guess ill have to look somewhere else :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts