Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
k I just went and did this myself.

cost me all of $3.50 and took 10 minutes to do.

FI light is gone, limp mode is gone.

Thanks, alex. The picture is worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the post. When I get a chance will be adding this change to my bike to be rid of the error light. Question though. With this error currently active, would it create a problem trying to get my power commander to work? Reason being is my bike was on a Dyno and no matter how far they put the numbers out, there was no change to the bike. The Dyno guys said must be bad Power Commander and referred me to their tech support.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the post. When I get a chance will be adding this change to my bike to be rid of the error light. Question though. With this error currently active, would it create a problem trying to get my power commander to work? Reason being is my bike was on a Dyno and no matter how far they put the numbers out, there was no change to the bike. The Dyno guys said must be bad Power Commander and referred me to their tech support.

Thanks
Chris
Yes,, having the bike in limp would definitely mess up any attempt to accurately tune the bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I finally had to time to install the resistors and cap. Error light went away, removed the rest of the servo and cables. Reinstalled the Power Commander (their tech support blows, they replied with basic did you hook it up correct questions, I answered and then they did not reply again. Thanks to all on this site or I would not have got this issue fixed) Hooked the PC up and took it to the Rally Up North this morning and Todd and Keith from 52/52 Performance Tuning Mobile Dyno Center ran the bike through the paces and all works now. Ended with 105.40 hp Not to bad for not cracking open the engine for mods, yet.

Chris

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
hey sorry to dig up an old thread but i just found the parts i had left over and made 3 more.
i tested the first one and it worked on the 600.

i cant guarantee that they will work forever and as any mod like this you install it at your own risk but my original one has worked for over 500 miles so far.

i have 3.
first 3 to pm with your mailing address gets them
i am feeling generous.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
hey sorry to dig up an old thread but i just found the parts i had left over and made 3 more.
i tested the first one and it worked on the 600.

i cant guarantee that they will work forever and as any mod like this you install it at your own risk but my original one has worked for over 500 miles so far.

i have 3.
first 3 to pm with your mailing address gets them
i am feeling generous.
Very generous! BTW since I designed this thing, I have had absolutly no issues after trackdays and several thousand miles.

·
Premium Member - BOTM 02/2010
1,540 Posts
if i didnt care about the weight, and just wanted to "unplug" the servo, where do i unplug it at? under the seat? under the exhaust? someone needs to show me some pictures.

i dont know what is getting removed or where its located. Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remove the drivers seat, the servo is located towards back (passenger seat area, next to fuse box). There is a cable (about 4 inch long) that comes out of the servo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally got around to trying this myself. No problems so far. :glasses10

470µF 35V Radial-lead Electrolytic Capacitor
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103624&cp=2032058.2032230.2032267&fbc=1&f=PAD/Product+Type/Electrolytic+Capacitors&fbn=Type/Electrolytic+Capacitors&allCount=111&parentPage=family

4.7K ohm 1/2W Carbon Film Resistor
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062328&cp=2032058.2032230.2032267&f=PAD/Product+Type/1/2+Watt+Resistors&fbx=0&allCount=111&fbc=1&fbn=Type/1/2+Watt+Resistors&parentPage=family

220 ohm 1/2W Carbon Film Resistor
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062317&cp=2032058.2032230.2032267&f=PAD/Product+Type/1/2+Watt+Resistors&fbx=0&allCount=111&fbc=1&fbn=Type/1/2+Watt+Resistors&pg=2&parentPage=family

6" Heat-Shrink Tubing (12-Pack)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104090&cp=&sr=1&kw=shrink+tubing&origkw=shrink+tubing&parentPage=search

I just cut the connector off the solenoid and soldered the components directly to it. I cut the outer casing of the wire and pulled it back while soldering. Then I pulled it back over the wire and used shrink tube over the top.
Note: If you're going to use shrink tube on the individual wires, don't forget to put on before you solder. :icon_lol:

Many thanks to alexchannel for figuring this out. :)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Make this a sticky plz...
you know what, I wanted to sticky this ever since I tried it myself and it worked flawlessly.

now it's done.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I just read this went to radio shack got out the manual done 15 minutes but what i did where the resistor sit together i used hot glue to give a little extra security from vibration then heat shrink 150 miles today no Fi aka FU light

41 - 60 of 235 Posts