Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decision Decisions!!! Please advise..*Edit*

So I've been torn between the 04 or 06 RR's and I can't seem to make the decision.

I love the 06 as it looks extremely clean and most of all it has the inverted forks. On top of that the 06's tends to have much lower mileage then the 04's that I have found.

On the 04 bike it looks good, but for some reason, it's not as clean looking as the 06. I still haven't really found the difference cosmetically. However it is about 1K - 1.5 K cheaper and I can use those extra funds on trackdays and other mods.

Here's my dilemma. Now I'm not the fastest guy on the block and can definitely use much more improvement. So if you were in my shoes, would you hold out and wait for an 05-06 specifically for the inverted forks?
Or would you just get an older model and practice more on it until the inverted forks would be of use to you?

Thanks for the input I bought an 06!!!!

K

·
0 Posts
I'd get the 2006 for more than just the forks.

electrical, brakes, calipers, motor, body, mileage, obvious bias V V

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd get the 2006 for more than just the forks.

electrical, brakes, calipers, motor, body, mileage, obvious bias V V
To be honest, I did not know that the electricals and brakes were changed. I did a comparison on one of mc online reviews and don't remember it being mentioned, the forks were mostly the highlight of the articles. Definitely going to look more into it.

Thakurtis, I have been a big believer in that lately as well after "settling" for things like my previous bike. But my bank account is making me think twice haha.

K

·
0 Posts
To be honest, I did not know that the electricals and brakes were changed. I did a comparison on one of mc online reviews and don't remember it being mentioned, the forks were mostly the highlight of the articles. Definitely going to look more into it.

Thakurtis, I have been a big believer in that lately as well after "settling" for things like my previous bike. But my bank account is making me think twice haha.
That's because most MC Mag columnists are numb skulls. they read a press release and start scribbling.

USD forks
Improved charging system
Radial Mounted brakes (redesigned calipers to suit)
Improved Body design (no nostrils)
LIGHTER for 2005
Redesigned Engine head improves power output by about 2 HP
etc etc etc

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Do the 06 because you'll appreciate the weight reduction and forks, otherwise, the both bikes are still more than you'll be able to handle. By the way, I have an '03 and the thing is a porker compared to my buddy's 07.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
pshh it doesnt really matter..either save money or dont. yeah the differences are nice, but your barely gonna notice street riding IMO..Ive had an 03, 04, and have rode both an 06 and 07. The biggest difference I noticed was how smooth the tranny is on the newer ones. Power meh, not much of a difference (03-06). start on the 04, save some money and update to an 07-08!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pshh it doesnt really matter..either save money or dont. yeah the differences are nice, but your barely gonna notice street riding IMO..Ive had an 03, 04, and have rode both an 06 and 07. The biggest difference I noticed was how smooth the tranny is on the newer ones. Power meh, not much of a difference (03-06). start on the 04, save some money and update to an 07-08!!
I haven't ridden the 03-04 but have ridden the 05-06 and it is extremely smooth compared to the R6 that I come from.

So i'm back at square one again, save $1500 and get an 04 or get an 06. I understand that at the end of the day, it will be my decision, but still good to get feedback from those of you who have the experience.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got home and after I picked up an 06!!! Completely stock, I mean stock, blinkers, rear fender and all! Going to order a set of OES right now! Where is the cheapest place to get these sliders? So stoked!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
nice!!!!

compare it with the r6 (power, handling, ergos etc)...Im really curious about the power comparison

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so 04 R6 vs 06 RR IMO

So I went for a little 50 mile ride to run errons(?) today, both freeway and local streets. I've gotta say that the two bikes are pretty close in the power range.

The R6 allows the rider to be in a more upright position when riding and the RR seems to always be in race mode haha.

Low end power, I've got to give it to the RR here handsdown. From a red light, the R6 would boggle just a tiny bit, but enough for me to notice, others may not notice. The RR I seem to have less of that problem.

Steering...here is the part that I need to get used to. On the R6 when I take a turn, my bars aren't turning with me (which I love) it stays in place unless I move it. The RR on the other hand, will instantly turn the bars. I.e, a right turn the bars will turn right. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i've ridden a couple of RR's and they both perform this way.

Either way, I'm extremely happy on my purchase of the bike and would not have it any other way!

PS. What hole saw should I get to install the OES sliders? I heard that there was one that would leave less marks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts