Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the definition of Deep or High Speed Cornering?

The reason I ask is because I bought a Freestyle Ingenuity crash cage for my 600RR and the warning label warns to not corner too deep or perform any high speed cornering. What does this mean, I can't lean the bike over? WTF?

I was looking for the most crash protection I could find for my bike hence the reason I bought this crash cage...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I'll be very nervous to lean it over for fear of catching it on the road. F**k-a-Duck!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thats a big 10-4 on the cornering. Your gonna have to be really careful and recalculate your corners and your entry speeds, even on the street. A friend of mine has a 929 with a FI cage on his bike and he almost became a "flying object" infront of me one day. If he would have leanded the bike over a little more than he already was he would have been fuuked....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
thats why i like the race railz over the FI cage, they don't hider ground clearance as much (though i'd never put either on my bike) also be careful of corners w/ a dip in them as you could catch on the way out

·
Registered
66 Posts
are you a stunt rider? If not, you should have went with a crash kit instead! Deep, I'm pretty sure is how low you lay the bike over in a turn.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Im not sure why you bought a crash cage unless your stuntin' your bike. Maybe you should re-evaluate your situation and what your intentions are for your bike. Its possible someone here that wants one might take it off your hands.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I bought it to learn stoppies and wheelies. After lightly trying these, I thought a cage would make sense. I already had Vortex sliders on my 600. Now, I am not 100% certain that I am going to "learn to stunt". I also thought (as I have only been riding for a year) that a cage would be offering my bike MORE protection over the sliders I already had. That being thought, I bought the cage for $400 CDN.!

Now, after not doing enough research or even thinking about my situation, I question this purchase for my needs all together. I will install it tonight and try it while cruising the streets. Damn it, I hate it when I act too quickly...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hey, maybe you might find stuntin' is for you! 400 bucks eh? Where ya from anyways?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you ask me... unless you plan on spending most of your time stunting... the crash cage is more likely to make you crash, rather than save you.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sorry what is crash cage ?
Its like a roll bar for the bottom and sides of your bike. Do a quick google search. Stunt equip. basically

1 - 16 of 16 Posts