1 - 20 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sent money for sliders and bar ends 1/7/09

Demented claimed they shipped a week later 1/14/09

Sent message 2/2/2009:
"I have still not received my parts. Frankly after reading the vendor experience thread of Demented products I do not have much faith in this whole situation. Would you please comment.
-Alex"

no reply as of yet, I know he said he would be out of town for 4 days during jennings but still...it's been longer than it should be.

To me, this is unnacceptable and needs to be addressed. I will not be purchasing anything from him in the future unless a valid reason for the slow delivery and lack of communication can be given.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't understand how people run businesses. Its not hard to operate a decent business, but people still manage to F up and show lack of responsibility.

They need to get their priorities straight and re-evaluate things. Until then, they should stop trying to run one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand how people run businesses. Its not hard to operate a decent business, but people still manage to F up and show lack of responsibility.

They need to get their priorities straight and re-evaluate things. Until then, they should stop trying to run one.
I agree. I don't want this to get too personal...but I did see his comment that he may have to sell his bike because he can't make the payments....but then pulls crap like this to the people paying him...and I am not the first.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Hes a good kid, just needs to get his priorities straight. Not condoning his lack of reliability, but I know hes got a lot going on. Im sure he'll make things right.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hes a good kid, just needs to get his priorities straight. Not condoning his lack of reliability, but I know hes got a lot going on. Im sure he'll make things right.
I don't doubt it, may be a very nice guy, never met him in person. It rubs me the wrong way when he is on the forums so much (time sink) yet doesn't take care of his customers. Bad business in my eyes.

I am also at the time limit for a credit card chargeback....

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
I agree with you in that its bad business. Hopefully he'll learn. Thats the best we can hope for.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Demented is usually very good replying back and shipping stuff out for his customers...i am sure he can provide u a valid reason..

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
this same thing happened to me. i ordered his fork and swing arm sliders and i went through the same issues. i finally ended up getting in touch (via PM) with moeman to help me get in contact with him (demented). (moeman's got his phone #.) long story short, i FINALLY got my sliders. it might take a while with alot of presistence, but you will finally recive your product. good luck.
(moeman you out there?)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered some stuff from Demented a while back too...My products finally got sent maybe about a month later. Once I got it, it was missing a slider. I took a pic and showed it to him. He said sorry and told me he was gonna get a slider sent out right away. As I was waiting for it, a couple days later...I had an emergency trip to the Philippines. I kept in touch with my sister here in the U.S.A. and she told me nothing came for me yet. A month later I come back and the package still hasn't arrived. I got back online and PM'ed Demented and put up numerous replies to several of his threads and still no reply to any of them. :(

-wiLL

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered some stuff from Demented a while back too...My products finally got sent maybe about a month later. Once I got it, it was missing a slider. I took a pic and showed it to him. He said sorry and told me he was gonna get a slider sent out right away. As I was waiting for it, a couple days later...I had an emergency trip to the Philippines. I kept in touch with my sister here in the U.S.A. and she told me nothing came for me yet. A month later I come back and the package still hasn't arrived. I got back online and PM'ed Demented and put up numerous replies to several of his threads and still no reply to any of them. :(

-wiLL
Wow that's shitty.
If he doesn't fix these issues...I would think he would be banned. Not cool to rip off fellow riders. Lets hope he gets it sorted. I'm not tolerant of thieves, would make for an interesting meeting when I see him at a track day.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I think its time for the Mods to put a ban on this kid.

·
Registered
603 Posts
From what Demented says: he doesn't have a job, has his credit cards maxed out (which includes his bike payments), doesn't pay them off, and still tries to buy things with them quite regularly.
From what other's have said, he ships his stuff the cheapest way possible, with no tracking. I wouldn't be surprised if he's so strapped for cash he's using shipping money for other things and then hoping to get more money later to "maybe" ship stuff.
i dont think that is completely true. he may ship cheapest way, but ALWAYS provide a tracking. i bought my spools and passenger seat from him, on two seperate occasions. both times provided shipping right away, both times product arrive in a very reasonable time. havent seen him online recently thou, so not really sure what to tell ya...but give him a chance to respond to this thread

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
For what its worth I ordered some fork and slider spools from him. Long story short, USPS somehow messed up the package and tried to tape it up. What I got were parts for the fork sliders and bare ends, which I didn't order. Pm'd him and he said he would send out the missing parts. Still no word on the missing parts. I know things got hectic for Jenning's so I gave it some time. But I really want to know what happened.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have had a lot of car/bike parts go missing even with tracking numbers. People working for the shippers often snag ****. I had a drag racing ACT clutch shipped from 50 miles away, and somehow it disappeared halfway through the process at a UPS processing center. It was insured but the prices went up on the clutch which sucked, but I got a new one and drove 50miles and took the day off to make sure I got it.

I have also had a lot of snowboard gear go missing, even with tracking. One package was lost, and I got new stuff shipped out that came in two days, and two months later the original package arrived. Most shipping companies are lettin people go, so people steal crap.

But if you take payment, orders should ship same day. I have been totally screwed a couple of times, but thats why I use my AMEX, they cover if anything goes bad.

1 - 20 of 540 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.