Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

feeling melancholy

so last year the wife and i buy the ninja first, then the rr a month later. at the same time a buddy joins us and buys a cruiser. couple of months ago another buddy joins and buys a cruiser, then sells it and buys a 125 cc (the cruiser was old and a maintenance nightmare).

then it goes downhill. the 125cc buddy crashes and busts up his shoulder, so he quits. last friday my wife crashes and she quits. this morning the first cruiser buddy phones and says he is quitting while he is ahead, and is selling asap.

so im all alone now. nobody interested, nobody to ride with (i refuse to ride with someone i dont personally know). lots of pressure to sell as well, but i enjoy this more than anything else in my life, really.

anyway, just thought id share my sorrow.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
There's been some some bad luck around you, but one of the things I like best about my bike is that I get to meet people who I normally wouldn't and make new friends. The relationship is also usually based on riding so I don't have to deal with other stuff.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Me and X will ride our bikes to south africa!!! Thru the oceans and everything!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't think you should give up on riding if you truly love it. You'll meet other people with the same passion and make new friends, I'm sure. I just started riding about four months ago and can't even imagine never getting on a bike again.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i personally don't mind riding alone.... but get out and keep riding man. when you stop at a store, gas, restaurant wherever look for other bikes and park beside them and that will start up a convo alot of times

·
Registered
101 Posts
Find bike nights around you, or some get togethers. I'm sure you could meet new people there. And what ^^^someone said up there. The relationship would be based on just riding lol, unless you guys became to be good friends.

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi all

feeling melancholy

so last year the wife and i buy the ninja first, then the rr a month later. at the same time a buddy joins us and buys a cruiser. couple of months ago another buddy joins and buys a cruiser, then sells it and buys a 125 cc (the cruiser was old and a maintenance nightmare).

anyway, just thought id share my sorrow.

Man I thought this was going to be a thread about your wife leaving you or something I am glad that isn't the case! Will your wife still ride with you on your bike? I really like riding 2-up and sharing fun little trips with the girl :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Actually I prefer to ride alone and have been since I started a year and a half ago. Since I broke up with my fiancee I actually find I'm least lonely when I'm riding my bike. The bike provides great companionship. Actually, most people in my area ride alone, it's most common. Enjoy your bike! :cruising: Go ride and visit Nelson Mandela or something. Take pictures with nelson Mandela on your motorcycle and come back here and post them on here for cool points.
Raw deal, been through that. The bike is such good therapy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The relationship is also usually based on riding so I don't have to deal with other stuff.
Big +1 for not having to deal with other stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
shoot, try being the only guy with enough balls to ride, hahaha,

there are a ton of riders here in the bay area but they are all weekend warriors, I be working in my shop on the weekend, hahaha,

and still no .net members near me and not scared to ride,

YEAH I SAID IT< YOU ALL ARE SCARDEE CATS!!!!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
shoot, try being the only guy with enough balls to ride, hahaha,

there are a ton of riders here in the bay area but they are all weekend warriors, I be working in my shop on the weekend, hahaha,

and still no .net members near me and not scared to ride,

YEAH I SAID IT< YOU ALL ARE SCARDEE CATS!!!!
HA!!! you're way out in San Jose. weren't you supposed to ride up to sac awhile back though? I ride from Vacaville to Burlingame for work. when I cruise the twisties, it's usually solo, but sometimes I can convince my friends to roll with.

[I'm mobile!!!]

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
HA!!! you're way out in San Jose. weren't you supposed to ride up to sac awhile back though? I ride from Vacaville to Burlingame for work. when I cruise the twisties, it's usually solo, but sometimes I can convince my friends to roll with.

[I'm mobile!!!]

you back now? shoot me a text bro!!!!

Yeah I hit sac a few times I think you were deployed then,

let me know what twisties ill try and squeeze it in,

1 - 20 of 40 Posts