Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
That bike is sick. I didn't think they were available here in the states.

I like it but I don't think I could throw down the 5.5k for it. What dealer did you get it from? I didn't think there were any Derbi dealers in the states.

Would that have enough umph to cruise on the highway?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I would so sport that bike! That is awesome. What kind of bike is it? Make I mean. Looks like it would be real fun to ride. Hope she takes a good liking to it and take good care of her new baby!

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
that's one bike i would love to ride in a race track.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey fellas,

OK this lil bike is the shiznit! yea it was pretty expensive (about the price of a used 600) but im glad that my girl feels safe on it (the rr weighed too much and had too much power for her). I took this lil beast to about 140 kmp (its euro so its in kilos) which is around 90 mph. I still had a couple rpms left as i was at 9.5G's on the tach and it redlines at 11 so it still had a lil more to go but it accelerates very slow at that point.

The handling is amazing. We took it out to a park by our house yesterday so she can ride without traffic (not ready for that yet) and she cruised it around. I took it for a spin and i was just amazed at how quick and easy it turns. The handling is just amazing. I was leaning that bike further than i did the rr (atleast it felt that way) .... Ceph i havent tried wheeling this one yet but one its broken it, ill let you know.... as far as the highway goes, im sure it would have no problem as the speed limit is 70 and i had it doin 90.... and yes overrev, this is one bike i think i would love to take to the track....

The bike is a 2 stroke, yamaha dt 125 engine. So it sounds way different, its also meant to be ridden in the high rpm's.... Bike is not premix however, it is oil injected so the only difference is that instead of just putting gas in, every now in then, you got put down some 2 stroke injection oil.... ill keep you guys updated, as i havent had much time to ride it with all the rain in miami...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
love that bike!! saw it some time ago at Laguna and wanted one!! that is a VERY SMART purchase for a first time rider!! looks like a damn authentic MOTO GP (or some proto-type) bike!

can you PM me some price info on that puppy... i want one!!!

congrats... nick - mri

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
sweet lookin bike would be awesome for the track

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heres a link to their website. Hes not a Derbi Dealer per say, but he is about the only person with them in the USA right now....

www.cycleimports.com click on the exports for sale. Hes name is Ozzie and hes a cool cat. Known him for a couple of years now...

and yea moe ive been dying to do a trackday, i think if i do, i might just take this one out there....it leans so nice....

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Maverick96 said:
heres a link to their website. Hes not a Derbi Dealer per say, but he is about the only person with them in the USA right now....

www.cycleimports.com click on the exports for sale. Hes name is Ozzie and hes a cool cat. Known him for a couple of years now...

and yea moe ive been dying to do a trackday, i think if i do, i might just take this one out there....it leans so nice....
keep the RR at home and take that light one to the track you will have a blast
and while you are it sign your GF for a track school well she will learn a lot
& thank u later

1 - 20 of 33 Posts