Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at the track this weekend...to make a long story short these were there...

The Desmo was actually out on the track for a couple of sessions. So was the BMW 1000rr.

A little about the BMW 1000rr:
There were only 2 in the USA, one crashed this weekend leaving this the only one in the USA. It was ridden by a factory BMW racer, who has a contract with BMW where he is the only one that is allowed to ride it. I got to sit on it though and toss it about to check out the stability and play around with some of the stuff on it. Its a preproduction model so somethings might or might not make it on the actual production model...it was retired after lunch it was having electrical problems.

Now the good stuff!

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Sweet snap shots man how lucky can you get bro

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Moeman said:
Sweet snap shots man how lucky can you get bro
that and me pulling another 1:42 out of my ass on the course was the highlight of the day! it was a long hot, hot, hot, hot day...I was having a really really off day today...too much negativity coming from my pits, too much stress...which translated to the track. I was hoping to break the 1:40's today...oh well next time.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
omfg that is insanely hot bikes u lucky lucky guy... omg i was thinking how hot the 1krr looked then i see the headlights, even worse then pics on their site.

·
Registered
551 Posts
nice pics i wish we had a track locally.

·
Registered
300 Posts
how hot was it there? haha but ya that is awesome you got to see those but i like the BMW looks a little better i think..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ya, what a waste. Amazing tech and all, but WTF were they thinking when they came up with that retarded front end?

I love BMW (See sig pic) , and know how well they engineer their vehicles, but seriously.
Deal breaker right there.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
That desmo is durty..... Good to see it where it belongs

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
love the bimmer... that front end is no deal breaker for me... it's different, I'd buy one!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
some really nice bikes...

the BMW 1000R is pretty cool except that circular headlight on one side.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts