Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got my new OGK FF4 Helmet today, is one of the nicest helmet I have ever owned. I have owned several Arai's and Shoei's and it is right up there withe the best. Some pix for ya.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice lid... I need a new one... where'd you order yours from? How is their sizing compared to Shoei?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice lid... I need a new one... where'd you order yours from? How is their sizing compared to Shoei?
I got it from www.ogk-helmet.com. Talk to Owen. They run very close, at least for the Arai. I wear both large. The cool thing is that they will change cheek pads for you to adjust as its needed.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those tearoffs have got to be awesome. I would love that. Too many damn bugs out there.
Yeah I got a smoke shield and clear an mirror tear offs, should help a bit to keep the shield in good shape and bug free.

·
Registered
140 Posts
pretty nice. i'm way into those japanese helmets. i have a Nitro N1000V myself (same makers as OGK) and i'm getting an OGK Aeroblade II this summer. good pick on the helmet!

·
Registered
53 Posts
but do they have as good of a reputation compared to shoei and arai? I'm considering in saving up some money this summer to buy either an X-11 or RX-7

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice Graphics to!

·
Registered
255 Posts
schweet lid

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but do they have as good of a reputation compared to shoei and arai? I'm considering in saving up some money this summer to buy either an X-11 or RX-7
Yes they have a very good rep, they have been in EU for years and just like so many things that come to the US takes time and $$$$ for those pesky DOT / Snell
labels. Plus the US market is always so sue happy many companies dont like to sell here. Take suomy and shark they are also top notch helmet that have been in EU for many years and they have only just come into the US in the last 2 years.

I have owned 3 Arai helmets whci 2 are RX7's and that is a great helmet. I think this OGK is right with it, feel light and the contruction is great. My fovorite feature though is removeing the face shield as it take all of 5 seconds. If you notice in on ofthe pix above on the side pods a black oval shaped button. All you have to do is raise the sheild all the way push the black button and pull the sheild straight out then do same for other side. Cant believe how simple it is, I always feel like I am going to break my sheild on my Arai RX7RR4.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what country is that made in? Japan? Can you check the make sticker for me
Yes made in Japan.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
awsome looking lid ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts