Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a badass bike, holy crap that thing is fun!!!! Light, agile, 110hp and liquid cooled.

I might have to get one of these.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm seriously considering taking a break from sportbikes.
I bought my KTM 990 for this very reason. I love riding the rr on the track but around town it's nice to have a comfortable bike with tons of torque and begs you to stick a leg out and float the front end out of corners.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I think this might be my next bike......not anytime soon though.
If you are interested you have to consider the KTM and Aprilia competitors as well; 990 Duke and Dorsoduro respectively. My heart says Aprilia out of the three.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm seriously considering taking a break from sportbikes.
Glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. Lately I've been digging some of the sumo bikes and definitely will be putting some cash back for a purchase at the end of the year.

Sportbike scene is starting to get a bit stale..

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think this might be my next bike......not anytime soon though.
If you are interested you have to consider the KTM and Aprilia competitors as well; 990 Duke and Dorsoduro respectively. My heart says Aprilia out of the three.
Already looking at them. The Super Duke R is HAWT but a lot more money. Less money for mods, but it needs less. The Aprilia is nice but I like the feel of the Ducati more as far as geometry and riding position.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Already looking at them. The Super Duke R is HAWT but a lot more money. Less money for mods, but it needs less. The Aprilia is nice but I like the feel of the Ducati more as far as geometry and riding position.
So how would you rate the three in terms of riding position when compared to the RR?

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So how would you rate the three in terms of riding position when compared to the RR?
Can't do a direct comparison, completely different. I can say that I would have no problem keeping up in the twisties. These bikes can definitely corner.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Duke!

But I love the hypermotard!

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a hooligan bike and I love it.
Would really like something like that for the street, since I can get my fun on the track rididng the RR, it would be nice to have something more comfortable on the street.
My thoughts exactly. The traction control and ABS make it a great street bike. You can turn them off and go have all the fun you want too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts