Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in the process of flushing my coolant out and decided to leave it in 1st gear running on the rear stand to warm up faster...long story short i forgot to put it to neutral and turn the ignition off at the key. When i turn the bike on the rear wheel started spinning and now my wheel spins even with clutch engaged. any help much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also added more oil to it but over filled....already loosened the drain plug to let some oil out but it was a little bit better....drove around the block and seems fine.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i was in the process of flushing my coolant out and decided to leave it in 1st gear running on the rear stand to warm up faster...long story short i forgot to put it to neutral and turn the ignition off at the key. When i turn the bike on the rear wheel started spinning and now my wheel spins even with clutch engaged. any help much appreciated. thanks
Isn't the wheel supposed to move when the clutch is engaged?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle app

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can't really remember...i think before when i clutched in the wheel stops..can someone confirm?

·
One Nut Racer
1,665 Posts
while n netural on stand
engine running wheel might spin some due to cluch plates grabbn alittle
while in 1 and clutch pulld into bar whell spin alittle? step on rear brake, engine die? if so clutch not operateing
if engine doesnt die clutch "grabby" or cable not adjusted properly

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i can't really remember...i think before when i clutched in the wheel stops..can someone confirm?
You are fine

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you have it in first gear with the clutch ingaged you have two options...wheels spins, or bike stalls. Can't have both...

·
Registered
837 Posts
no, when you pull the clutch lever the wheel shouldnt spin because the engine is disengaged. Did you try adjusting your clutch cable? Did it break? is it attached to the clutch on the engine?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just made a vid and uploaded now.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
no, when you pull the clutch lever the wheel shouldnt spin because the engine is disengaged. Did you try adjusting your clutch cable? Did it break? is it attached to the clutch on the engine?
Its just the friction that still exists ... just like your brake pads always drag a little so does the clutch pack

Reactions: RR600Rider

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
You are fine

Its just the friction that still exists ... just like your brake pads always drag a little so does the clutch pack

:+1::iamwith:

it will spin slightly, especially after leaving it in gear and then taking it out. i run my bike on the stand in 1st gear to warm up my chain and my rear wheel spins very slowly holding in the clutch or after i put it in N (but only if start revving the engine it spins very slowly). this has happened on both my bikes - '05 and '08. both when the bikes were brand new and now used. i have tested other rr's that ive had in my garage, and they did the same. so i stopped worrying and looking into it.
tenjin explained it best for technicality.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Again you are fine ... I bet when you disengage the clutch (pull in lever) you can put your foot on the wheel and stop it

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
well, yours is alot more excessive than mine. try tightening the clutch cable. mine does not spin that fast.

·
Registered
146 Posts

My bad. I didn't read that it was still on the bike stand. Put the bike on the ground and let the clutch go. It will stall. Tenjin is 100% correct:+1:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whew! thanks tenjin...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oh i though he meant like the bike was staying in gear when he pulled the clutch lol.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Unless you can notice it trying to pull away from you when you are sitting at the light in gear you have nothing to worry about... perfectly normal, clutch plates with oil around them will transmit some torque to the wheel, same theory as a torque converter in your car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts