Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, congratulations for looking at a post that doesn't involve a Honda bike, I applaud each and every one of you.

Anyways, some of you know that I pickd up an '04 gixxer 600 about a month ago... well, I've been doing some work and mostly finished this weekend.

I found a set of plastics on ebay freshly painted and picked them off for about $630 shipped. (I'm quite sure that they are stolen now, but that's another story) This was the major problem with the bike when I bought it. I like yellow, but the previous owner had stripped the decals and I thought it looked like crap. It would have cost around $200 to replace the decals, so I figured I'd go this route.

Also, I put on an arata full system, power commander, scotts damper, diablo corsas, DIY fender eliminator, and installed my DIY LED pegs.

Let me know what you think...

Before: Click on thumbnail to enlarge it

After: Click on thumbnail to enlarge

LED Pegs:
http://media.putfile.com/LED1

http://media.putfile.com/LED2

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
ME2
Two congrats man the second one is for the bike purchase
And the first one for the god job you have done
Thanks for sharing the pictures

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot moeman,
I knew at least you'd stand beside me with my move to suzuki... haha...

Just in case you didn't catch the story...
The '05 600rr I purchased had a cracked crankcase, so I brought it back and bought this from a private seller for $4850. Couldn't really pass that price up so here I am. I'd still rather have a honda, but this bike really does rip...

·
Registered
984 Posts
ME2, looks good and thanks for sharing some pics. Have fun.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Although I am partial to the yellow, your bike looks sweet in all black! Great job man!

So whats the story behind the stolen parts? just curious...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Nice bike I have never been a fan of the suzuki but that bike looks good in all black

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
ME2 said:
Thanks a lot moeman,
I knew at least you'd stand beside me with my move to suzuki... haha...

Just in case you didn't catch the story...
The '05 600rr I purchased had a cracked crankcase, so I brought it back and bought this from a private seller for $4850. Couldn't really pass that price up so here I am. I'd still rather have a honda, but this bike really does rip...
i remember your thread man you did good bro
wont be long till the 2007RR is out evreything is
possible then sell the GSXR on your own , trade it ,
make it a track beast & buy the RR for the
street or vise versa but for now enjoy the bike

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The arata sounds absolutely flawless. I got it off of a guy who ran a couple dyno runs and then got a hindle sponsorship so it's basically new for $775.

I am a fan of yellow as well, as I stated, but since this guy stripped all the decals there's little flaws everywhere which bothered me. I think I'll make the black into the 2004 stock gsxr-600 black/orange/silver look if you've seen that.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
the orange black and silver is mean... almost bought one instead of the rr nice look bike dude... nice effort....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Lookin good in the black.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
apex, your bike looks good man...

I'll post a finished pic when I get the decals on mine... I don't want to spend the $200 to get the factory ones though, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for your comments...

All of my yellow fairings are selling much higher than I expected. It looks like I should gain about $500 on the fairing switch-out, so I'll have a little bit of extra money to finish the bike off nicely!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yaya, I love the fact that there are other owners than 600rr on this site. This is such a great community! Don't let em get you down man!, haha

But to tell you guys the truth, the '04-'05 gsxr is a fantastic bike. I am truly impressed by it, because I held the 600rr on a pedistol coming into buying this bike. Turning on the gixxer actually feels lighter than the '04 600rr, and the power is quite potent. Aside from that, I've done a fair bit of maintenance with switching out the fairings and upgrading, and I can tell you, I'm very happy with the way suzuki is building these bikes. Everyone always says that suzuki is a cheap looking bike, but now that I own one, I'm not seeing it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts