Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an f2, which I am thinking about making a track bike. If I do this im gonna buy another bike for the street. Im trying to decide between a 600rr and an r6. The only thing that makes me think twice about the 600rr is that when I sit on it, it doesn't feel very comfortable. The shape of it seems a little awkward. If anyone else noticed this, does the awkward feeling go away after awhile or does the bike always seem a little uncomfortable?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
The ONLY time I have comfort issues with the stock RR seat is on long rides (over 90 minutes without stopping). Otherwise, you really get used to the seat and it doesn't bother me at all.

I've seen the Corbin seat that is available and I don't really care for it. I'm looking forward to see what Sargeant's seat looks/feels like when it finally comes out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem wasn't really the seat, more the overall body position. It just seemed alittle awkward. It seemed like I was alittle to big for the bike, my head goes over the windscreen if I try to tuck. Im about 6'2"; I can't tell if its just an initial feeling or if its not gonna go away.

C

·
0 Posts
Just felt different. I was so used to the F4i that the ride home on the RR was very different. Quickly adjusted.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The ergonomics are certainly different from your F2. Heck, it's even drastically different from other supersports. On the RR you feel very much on "top" of the bike, with the short reach to the clip-ons -- you almost feel like your right above the front axle. On other bikes you tend to feel like you're sitting "in" the bike.

You'll probably get used to it though. Just remember, if you're feeling pain/pressure on the wrists, you're not positioned properly. You want to put as little weight on your wrists as possible (adds unnecessary inputs to the bars, and you steer less effectively). You should be using your lower back muscles and knees gripping the tank to keep your torso up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright cool it sounds like I should get used to it. The feeling was exactly how guasi888 explained it. So after getting used to it what feels better, sitting "in" the bike, or sitting "on" the bike?

I don't feel any pain or pressure on my wrist, Im pretty sure i have my body positioning down pretty well. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, so then your saying I should go with the r6

RRmaniac: Why do you say that? I thought I felt alot smaller on the r6 then the 600rr

·
Registered
192 Posts
I sat on this bike when it first came out and thought it was very small and uncomfortable. I am 6'2". Then somebody I know got one and I got to take it for a spin and the next week I was picking mine up. :lol2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha sweet. It looks like im gonna have to go with the 600rr :bounce: But its gonna take me a little while to get the money to pay the bike in cash and to have money to support track habits :twisted:

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Nitrous115 said:
The problem wasn't really the seat, more the overall body position. It just seemed alittle awkward. It seemed like I was alittle to big for the bike, my head goes over the windscreen if I try to tuck. Im about 6'2"; I can't tell if its just an initial feeling or if its not gonna go away.
I'm 6'3" and have no problem tucking in behind the screen, you just have to scoot your ass far back and lay right down on the tank. I had writs problems at first with the bike but that went away. The stock seat may as well be made of concrete. I went with the corbin and couldn't be happier. If you are looking for a "comfortable" bike for road trips I'd say go elsewhere but if your looking for a fun bike for commuting and just wasting time, the RR is a good choice

·
Registered
391 Posts
The R6 is much smaller than the RR so if your tall, you'll end up feeling cramped. I felt like I was sitting on a pocketbike on the R6. The RR just seems to fit me (6'1' 225lbs). If the R6 had fit better, I probably would have bought one instead of the RR. Really happy with my decision.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the first time i sat on the 600RR was sheer excitement.

I bought it sight unseen and waited a few months for it to come in.

So upon throwing my leg over it for the first time and seing that my knees didnt stick up over the tank like they did when I sat on a R6 made me quite happy;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I went from an F2 to RR and there was a total difference. I felt like I was riding on top of the bike, over the front wheel on the RR. It was a little odd at the beginning, but I got use to it pretty fast. It does make you feel like riding more aggresively when positined like that, imo. I love it now, can't see sitting any other way.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i'm 5'10" and 175lbs. i found the r6 to feel much lower in terms of full tuck than the RR.. with the RR i feel like i'm on top of the bike looking down.

i love the feel of gixxers the most tho....

·
Registered
769 Posts
After I bought the RR I was a little paranoid about the size. I think it was mainly just not being used to the new seat positioning. Anyway, I'm 6'2" as well and needless to say, got over the paranoia after a couple rides. Quasi888 had it nailed with the "in" vs "on" feeling of the bike. I love the feeling of sitting right up there and on control, and felt a whole lot more a part of the bike than my experience on an R6. Although I've been liking the gixxer sixes lately...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, now you guys are just making me really excited to get one. Haha. So do you guys think I should keep the f2 and use it as a dedicated track bike, or sell it so that I can buy the rr sooner? I can see maaaany advantages of having a dedicated track bike, but I can't really decide if the benifits outway the cost.

Thanks for all the input so far

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why are you going to ride an F2 on the track and an rr on the street? Once you get used to the rr I promise that riding the F2 in the track will be more annoying then fun. The F2 is a great bike for riding on the street and long rides, and the rr was straight up design for the track. And trust me, once you get some track time under your belt, you'll get quick enough that you won't want to ride at the top of your skill level on the street.

As far as the comfort issue. I'm 6'2" and all arm and leg. I have woodcraft rearsets and an ohlins rear shock with the height adjustment at max. All resulting in a more cramped agressive riding position, and I have no problem moving around on the bike around the track... and no problem getting into my tuck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I figured if I ride an older, heavier bike on then track I will probably become a better rider then if I was riding the newest most advanced bike out there. Also I plan on pushing whatever bike I take on the track pretty hard. So i don't really want to wreck a brand new bike. I would feel kinda bad about it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts