Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Why did you buy the RR?

• For track duty only?

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • For the street only?

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • For the street with occasional track days?

Votes: 48 30.6%
  • For the streets with trips to the canyons?

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • For the sexy taillight? :-)

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other - please explain?

Votes: 9 5.7%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a debate raging about whether we buy the RR to ride on the street or the track (see link below). Although this site doesn't represent every owner, a poll might give us an idea.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=64851&page=1&pp=40

Why did you buy a sport bike?

I got mine mostly to commute to work, but I also like to head out to the mountains on the occasional weekend. I didn't worry about the specs of different sport bikes much and chose the RR based on the fact that it was more comfortable for me, the dealer (authentic Honda) was helpful and I liked the style of the bike.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
I just sold my truck, so i only have my bike now. I love it, low cost, cheap gas. the only thing is if i loose it thru accident or theft i dont have full coverage. But the odds are for me i think.

TWO baby, Two Wheels Only.

I definately wanna do a few track days this season tho.

·
Premium Member - BOTM 02/2010
1,540 Posts
Bike for me is for the streets. +1 i would also like to do a trackday next year and see how i like it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If I had a track close by it would be on the track every chance i got and i would live in my car to fund it...........but i don't have a track so it's on the streets with lots of canyons.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Street. Did the track thing with my GSXR 400RR Slingshot back in the day. Maybe I'll go back someday...preferably with a GSXR 600RR. I'm diggin' the new all black color scheme :)

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
mostly canyons and track days. i got bored of riding around the streets.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
my current 1000RR was to be a track bike (mostly) but my 954 was stolen so...

Most likely it will remain mostly my streetbike and the '07 600RR will become a track bike.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
got mine as a daily and only driver...i occasionally go to the canyons but not much lately. i hope to eventually make a trip to the track...maybe next year. i hope.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i bought mine mainly for the streets, saved a lot of money on gas, i go to canyons once in a while and hopefully next year i ll be going to the track

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Mine is 99% track. I have a 954RR for the street. I do occasionally take it on the street but I'm lucky enough to have a "spare" bike for street duty

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mostly street but hit the hills and canyons every clear weekend and sometimes hit the hills during the week at lunch time.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Bought it for the streets but I think I'm gonna convert it to track only duty this summer and get a F3 in streetfighter trim or something like that for the streets.

·
Registered
799 Posts
90% canyons, 10% street/commute now. but when I bought it, it was the other way around...

C

·
0 Posts
For the street only?
For the street with occasional track days?
For the streets with trips to the canyons?
Doesn't make sense.

"Street" and "Canyons" are the same in my book.

Other: For the canyons with occasional track days.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts