Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finished mine today and only had one miss. i stopped a little to late on the emergency stop.

excellent course and if you havent done it, DO IT!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think I lost points on the u-turn box. Did it perfectly during practice but when the final test came around I touched the ground =_= but other than that it was perfect.

I wouldn't say it was fun per se... but maybe that was b/c I took it in the summer and it was REALLY hot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a good time taking the MSF and I definitely think it was worth it to get my endorsement. That said, for people who have experience with motorcycles it is drastically overrated.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I got pretty close to a perfect score. Got pegged for something really lame that I was irritated about.

Didn't matter though. I still crashed pretty good once I got in the real world. I would still highly recommend MSF to anybody that is thinking about taking up riding, or hasn't already. But, it's a controlled environment. Don't think that your MSF proficiency is going to translate to being an expert rider on the street.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Perfect score holder here and I was recommended for the ERC (Experienced Riders Course) I'm gonna take it later this summer!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Perfect score here, I took the course begining of april, it was real fun. I met a lot of nice people and had great instructors. I was the only 17 year old with everyone else being older, but had a great time. I think only 2 people in my class got perfect scores and 1 was me and some other guy, but great course would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Everyone in my class got a perfect score. I don't know if they just decided to not to mark us down or we all really did get a perfect score.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got docked for going too slow in this part where you accelerate, turn right 90, turn right ~135, then stop. So did everyone else in the class. :headscrat

Is the test the same state to state?

I was sort of the rock star of my class having ridden dirt bikes - 6 of the 12 students had never been on a bike before. I spent the whole weekend trying to remember to use four fingers on the brake. :rolleyes:

I did confuse the instructors when my speed on that little CB125T was off their chart for the straight line braking (I think 25+) and my distance was well under the 12mph maximum. :hello2:

·
Registered
857 Posts
i almost failed. but it was like twenty years ago before i had ever been on a street bike. i went in the class like mr. cool because i had a couple of dirt bikes and thought i knew it all.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If you take an MSF certified course, it's the same nation wide as MSF dictates exactly what each exercise consists of and how to score the test, etc... Even the Harley Davidson course done on Buells is MSF certified only they mix in a ton of Harley Stuff and charge more $$$. =)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts