Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Did you get an extended warranty?

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My extended warranty was only $14 more per month so I decided to get it. I put down $2,500 on the bike when I bought it so I had a pretty cheap monthly payment of $158 including the warranty. I figured it could not hurt to have a little extra coverage.

Just wondering who else got one and your reason for getting one or not getting one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i didnt get it cause i didnt have the money to shell out for it after i bought the bike... but i was planning on buying it after i had some more money

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't because I knew i was not going to keep the bike long enough to ever need the benefits of the warrantee, I do not commute with it, only use it for pleasure riding, the bike is an 04 and has 3800 miles, so I do not ride it often enough to justify the warrantee, however, if you use it to commute to work/school and also ride it for fun, then you might want to take it into consideration.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Didn't do it becuase most of the aftermarket work and the fact that I will be taking it to the track this year will probably void the warranty anyway.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
my dealer gave me the 4 year extended warranty through honda for $250. He used fancy words like fuel injection, and computer that scarred me into buying it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got the extra coverage because I knew I wasn't gonna follow the break in rules and I was gonna ride it till the wheels fall off. HAHAHA

·
Registered
604 Posts
bought my bike used and the previous owner had gotten the 4yr. extended warranty. transferred it right over to me.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I did. Hopefully Inothing will go wrong to see if I voided the thing already.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Sorry to butt in as I don't even have a bike at the moment, but will be getting a new one once I get my license back from the man. I'd be interested in seeing how many people who have bought the extended warranty have actually used it and how many have never needed it. For me, one of the main reasons to buy a Honda is that it's known to be reliable. I'd definitely buy in if it were a new, unproven model, but it doesn't seem worth it on an 05 or 06 600RR. If I got the 06 R6 or the new Daytona 675 on the other hand, I'd definitely be buying an extended warranty.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i got it. i figured may as well. it was $500 extra on the loan

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Not I, said the turtle. Was going to save and get it before the 1 year expired, but I kind of forgot, or something like that....

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
yeah i did that one too/\ but i also thought if its good for a year its good for 10 its a honda come on

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
selector said:
My warranty extends for as long as I own my tools.
+1

i couldnt justify spending over 1 grand for the extended warranty cause i do all the maintenance myself!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts