Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 24 right now and I'm wondering what kind of insurance discount I'll get when turn 25. A bike is $975 year (full coverage but can only really ride 6 months a year in WI) and the car is $660 year full coverage. Thats about $1650 per year for everything. What kind of drop did you guys see and when? btw, this is with state farm. I just switched from american family to state farm today.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i pay pretty much the same as you do now.

my insurance didnt drop much at 25...seems like it lowered more when i turned 26.

i use united auto insurance, they have cheaper rates than state farm.

im from northern illinois...i usually pay for full coverage on the bike, up front for a year, then cancel it when it starts to get to cold to ride, they send me a refund for the months i didnt use.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think your question needs a followup question. Did the people who said no get quotes when they turned 25 from other insurance companies or did they expect their current insurance company to just.. lower their rates? I mean seriously you are running the biggest scam in America and you think they are gonna just say hi, we want less of your money you have been giving us for the past X# of years..

I hate insurance.. btw...

Im 21, nothing on my record and I pay 250/mo for insurance, and yes.. thats the cheapest I could find.. I looked.. But thats the only vehicle I have insured and its an 08 600rr.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's good to shop around and ask your current company what their best rate is. Chances are they can give you a much better rate once you turn 25 but won't necessarily give it to you by default.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't they get pissed when you cancel it during winter? What do you tell them?
seriously?

who cares if they get pissed, they are not the law. they are just another business, wanting my $.

they don't have a choice...if they don't want my business, ill insure my 2 cars, and my bike elsewhere. its not hard to find a good insurance company.

did you sign a contract with your insurance company? you have the right to cancel a policy at anytime, and be refunded for the months you didn't use.

i tell them i want to cancel the policy on my bike, and i would like a refund for the months i payed for, but will not be using....then they try to keep my business, or change the policy to cover the bike in storage, i reject them and get the refund. then i do it all over again in the spring...there is nothing they can do about it.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
nope! but it will next month when my ticket falls off hehe

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Funny, my car cost twice as much as my bike to insure, rather than half the cost of the bike like you BoosTT.................

·
Registered
163 Posts
I drop my comprehensive to theft only during the winter months. Insurance Co. is fine with it. Some have discounts if you keep year-round coverage though but since the bike has been in storage since November I don't see the point.

I call every couple months to see if they can do any better on my rates. It never hurts to ask...

·
Registered
172 Posts
wow, that sucks man. Im 20 and i have state farm for my bike and my mustang. And i am paying 309.24 with full coverage on the bike and 990 a year for my car.

Im in new jersey btw...id try and shop around for a cheaper rate

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm 20. Was quoted $285 for Liability and $898 for Full Coverage a year (07' 600RR)

The full coverage was with a $1000 deductible, so is there any real point in going with fc? I think I am going to just run with liability.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my insurance was reduced without me asking.

prior to 25 it was at 380/yr (full coverage) for $1000 deductible, once I turned 25 it went down to 106/yr for the same coverage.

I have state farm and an 08 bike if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
seriously?

who cares if they get pissed, they are not the law. they are just another business, wanting my $.

they don't have a choice...if they don't want my business, ill insure my 2 cars, and my bike elsewhere. its not hard to find a good insurance company.

did you sign a contract with your insurance company? you have the right to cancel a policy at anytime, and be refunded for the months you didn't use.

i tell them i want to cancel the policy on my bike, and i would like a refund for the months i payed for, but will not be using....then they try to keep my business, or change the policy to cover the bike in storage, i reject them and get the refund. then i do it all over again in the spring...there is nothing they can do about it.
i did that for a few seasons... now in pa. when your ins. is cancelled or expires dmv susspends your registration so now when you renew ins. you have to reregister it too!

whatta scam!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nope! The big"25" is just a myth, I mean mine went down, it does every year, but that is because I own a house, multi policies, and a perfect driving record, etc.... But as far as being shocked and happy when I turned 25, did not happen. When yah get married it will drop even more. Thats next on my list lol. I'm only 26, 27 in August and my insurane is awsome my car is 225 for full coverage, for 6 months with lowest dedictables, and bike is 450/year full coverage with 250 deductables. I am not complaining.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts