Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK in another thread "Wife's Birthday" they were talking about how on a hot day your kickstand will sink into asphalt. This is completely new to me. How often does it happen and how many of you carry around a puck just for this reason? I wanna know cuz it can get over 100 degrees where im at. Thanks

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
It can happen often if your on ashphalt and its hot....you don't have to carry around a puck, you can find a smashed coke can or a peice of wood or something, and it works just the same.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It happened to me last summer at the mall, the pavement was only about 2 months old but I didnt think anything about it... Came outside to see my bike leaning WAY over and was like huh, and then noticed it sunk into the ground and was thanking gawd it stopped where it did.

N

·
0 Posts
I carry one of those cup sleeves you get from Starbucks in your trunk or pocket for those hot days.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
oh cool, I get to yell over here too. :) Just kidding.
Anything that increases the contact area of the kickstand foot will help. I use a hard plastic disk about the size of a large coaster. Asphalt, especially newer asphalt on a hot day will drop a bike in minutes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just grab a pop can or anything thats layin around and throw it under... or just throw a smashed can in ur trunk... or hope someone is nice enough to move your bike a little bit before it tips over haha...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
a good use for those AOL CD's you get in the mail IMO. Bike almost fell over like that first week I had it. Came out and the bike was just on the verge of falling...whew! Never again.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I still need to fix my yellow tail plastic from my drop. Mine hit hard. The bar end and Vortex slider actually left a sizeable dent in the aspalt. It snapped the barend weight off about an inch into the bar.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i'm cheap so a piece of plywood it is...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts