Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work on desiel for my job. I also do just about all the work on my bike. For most electric connectors with vehicles we add a little dielectric grease to the fittings but most are 1 prong fittings. Well I use kerosene to clean my chain and other spot that collect grime. Once I finish I use a water hose to rinse it all off. Well I am pretty sure last night water got into some of the plugs on my IRC or my PCV. I have had something similar happen to a car, would not idle very well and then shut off. So today I removed the IRC & PCV and its running good. So I plan to let everything dry out over night, I unplugged all the connectors and have a fan blowing on everything for tonight and till I get off work tomorrow. My question is would using that dielectric grease on all the fittings help prevent thus from happening again? I don't know much about that stuff other than it helps act like a lube when Connecting plugs together. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I took alot of pics on the removal of my air filter and will take more for an install guide for the air filter, IRC, and the PCB I have seen plenty of how to videos and would like to add one since I all ready have the bike torn down now. It would be my contribution to all the 600.net folks. Thanks froth the guys that have helped me to the point I'm at now. Look forward to see if anyone has used the dielectric grease before.

Sent from my DROIDX using wkMotorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't ever had a problem with it in vehicles. But I was just doing some research on it from wiki and it said over time it will dissolve rubber such as the rubber seals in the plugs on the connectors. I guess its rubber in the plugs to seal it so water won't enter and protect the connectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts