Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just need to know is there a major difference between the 2004 and 2005 cbr600rr to the point where I should look harder for a 05 than pay a good price for an 04 cbr600rr? Just need your personal input. I know there is a 20lb weight difference but I want to know how big of deal is the newer model? is it a whole different bike?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lets say I take out a 04 cbr600rr ride it and then take out an 05 will I really notice the difference?

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
lets say I take out a 04 cbr600rr ride it and then take out an 05 will I really notice the difference?

It depends on your skill level... IF your a really good rider you will notice the difference, obviously 05/06 is better than 03/04.... but If your just a no0b then go with whatever you think the better deal is... because eventually you'll upgrade...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chicken stripes are to the limit :p haha so noob is not the case, just new to honda

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
the weight you'll feel right off the bat. About the added midrange that the 05/06 has over the 03/04, not sure if youll feel that on the street. Get the 05/06 if your budget permits

·
Registered
206 Posts
My friend has a 05 and I have an 03. My 03 is a little different though, I have the 1000rr Upgraded front forks and brakes. Other than that I really don't notice a "weight" difference. As far as performance, we're basically the same.

Go for the better deal man.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have an 04 and i rode my buddys 06 and i rather stick with my 04... esp id your new to riding go with a 03/04

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad you think that your lack of "chicken strips" make you a skilled rider.
well im pretty sure its better than having chicken stripes, idk what more you would want, a video or a step by step. Clearly no chickenstripes doesn't make me a pro but, as for skill im confident and keep pace with a friend who has been racing for over 3 seasons. That a better description?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd go with the better deal, because I don't think you'll notice much difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts