Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be ordering Spiegler front brake lines for my 07 600rr. I wasn't sure whether to get the 2 line "race" setup or the 3-line setup that has one banjo on the master cylinder and a splitter that divides the line into 2.

I wanted to know the difference and did some research but found some conflicting responses. So I emailed Spiegler directly.

They said there is "No performance difference between the kits. It's a personal preference on looks. The price is also a consideration for most of our customers".

So there is your answer. I started a new thread so that anyone doing a search could easily find the answer without too much digging.
Regardless, I'm sure people will still disargree.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I personally prefer the type that has 1 line at the master and splits mid way down to go to each caliper. Makes it a bit cleaner looking by the hand controls IMO.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally prefer the type that has 1 line at the master and splits mid way down to go to each caliper. Makes it a bit cleaner looking by the hand controls IMO.

I agree. That's the one that I'm ordering. I just was unsure if there was a performance difference because I heard conflicting info on the forum. Also the Spiegler site states that the double banjo setup is "race only" which implies you'd get better performance.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I have the non-race ones. They don't split like the stock setup as it is still only two lines. One runs from the master to the right side caliper. The other runs from the right caliper to the left caliper.

I got them as performance upgrade but I think the race setup looks a little nicer.

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
I have the non-race ones. They don't split like the stock setup as it is still only two lines. One runs from the master to the right side caliper. The other runs from the right caliper to the left caliper.

I got them as performance upgrade but I think the race setup looks a little nicer.
:+1: wasnt really aware there was a "race" set up at the time i picked them up. Agree the single line to each cal might be a bit cleaner, but hey i love em anyways ;)

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,287 Posts
i got the race set-up... think it looks okay (but am not too crazy about leaving the areas where the old one was bolted - you can totally tell - there should be some kind of plug or something for those included with the race kit :drunk:)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was going to go with the race set-up but I kept hearing about clearance issues with the double banjos on the master cylinder. Also, since there is allegedly no perfomance differnce I think the setup I'm ordering will have a cleaner look.

Rusty Galfers, huh... good thing I didnt buy those. How old are they?

·
7,287 Posts
I was going to go with the race set-up but I kept hearing about clearance issues with the double banjos on the master cylinder. Also, since there is allegedly no perfomance differnce I think the setup I'm ordering will have a cleaner look.

Rusty Galfers, huh... good thing I didnt buy those. How old are they?
just FYI - on my 07 so far i have not noticed any clearance issues with my race set-up... maybe the way you actually install has something to do with it... :ponder:

·
7,287 Posts
Good to know. I had heard some people complain about them rubbing but maybe they just had the bajos pointed the wrong way.
here is a pic if that helps anyone...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have been looking at the set you ordered for a while now, thanks for posting this. Now I know these will work well I am going to replace my rusty Galfers.

I believe Galfer has a lifetime warranty on their lines. You can probably send them back to them, or take pics. They should replace them if they are faulty. I think they even cover fading of the lines colors.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I believe Galfer has a lifetime warranty on their lines. You can probably send them back to them, or take pics. They should replace them if they are faulty. I think they even cover fading of the lines colors.
They do, this will be my second time using the warranty on them. I just dont want to mess with them anymore after I get the new set.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, according to them you never have to replace them either.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Spieglers hands down. You rarely ever have to use your warranty. We have only seen 1 or two people ever use the warranty since we have been business. They use he most strands of stainless wire in their lines, super strong.

+1 to no difference in the routing. It's hydraulic so the routing doesn't really matter. X pressure on one end is X pressure on the other.

·
7,287 Posts
How do I know what brand lines I have. I have braided lines the last owner put on and the braid on one line is split open by the forks. WTF?
take a picture and post, maybe someone will be able to help - unless it says somwhere on the lines (i don't remember...:ponder:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.