Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I just I'm looking for information on my bike. I have a European. 600 double R. At the end of the Double R. There's another 6. And basically wondering, is there any advantages to having the European model over? The American model. Like what are the differences? What can I do that? Better or worse? I notice that my bike doesn't have an O2 sensor. Does that make a big difference when switching stuff up? Or doing. Set up. cat deletes ect?

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I've never read about any performance differences from EU vs. USA.

AFIK, all CBR's use an "open loop" ECU that doesn't make changes to air/fuel control....if you change exhaust restrictions you should (maybe) add a piggyback fuel controller (Dynojet PC5 for example) and get a custom map done witha good dyno tech.....

California bikes don't have an O2 sensor or a different cat. ...but they do have a bunch of breather hoses and a collector that maybe 49 state bikes don't have?

An old poster on here "OveRRev" is a master at the 03-06 bikes.....search for his threads, maybe some helpful info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never read about any performance differences from EU vs. USA.

AFIK, all CBR's use an "open loop" ECU that doesn't make changes to air/fuel control....if you change exhaust restrictions you should (maybe) add a piggyback fuel controller (Dynojet PC5 for example) and get a custom map done witha good dyno tech.....

California bikes don't have an O2 sensor or a different cat. ...but they do have a bunch of breather hoses and a collector that maybe 49 state bikes don't have?

An old poster on here "OveRRev" is a master at the 03-06 bikes.....search for his threads, maybe some helpful info.
thanks buddy thats helpful, and yes i am currently rocking out a pc5 with cat and mid pipe delete, a shitty looking two brothers exaust/' its in rough shape, and a yamsheria or how ever u spell it tune, ive tried plenty of tunes on my bike so far, i like how smooth hindles tune is, the two brothers tune is little twitchy imo and maby the differemce between my bike and the american bike it quite litterly just the tune, cause i can download the stock European tune, and look at it and ive compared it to the normal stock tune and they look way different

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think in 2004+ was when CA models 1st had O2-sensors. Certainly found on my 2005 CA model when I installed Yoshimura RS-5 full-exhaust. There was actually bung for sensor on their exhaust! So I just transferred from factory exhaust, screwed it in and left it. When I got PowerCommander to fine-tune, I found that at anything less than 80% throttle/load was closed-loop feedback mode. No matter what changes I made in PC, ECU would slowly make opposite adjustment to get back to base-maps.

So I unplugged O2-sensor, plugged in resistor to simulate heater-circuit and was able to make changes. I actually like to lean out cruising zones 30-60% down to 16.0:1 AFR for better fuel-economy. In top 30% of load cells, had to remove A LOT of fuel to get to optimum 13.5:1, even with extra flow from full-exhaust. Typically of USA ECUs that use O2-sensor to lean out mixtures. Very helpful to have wideband-O2 with datalogging to get actual AFR readings, no dyno needed. :)

Every manufacturer has super-rich WOT mixtures when BMEP is highest. Just safety precaution in case you get bad petrol out of middle of nowhere on super-hot day, or if fuel pump goes bad or injectors get clogged. No manufacturer would be crazy enough to squeeze out that last 5% power by setting optimum 13.5:1 AFR under WOT. Not worth risking blowing up engines when environmental factors go against you.

For 2006, there's definitely differences in part#:
38770MEEL02 = ECU CA, 36531MEED01 = O2-sensor
38770MEEA02 = ECU 49-state
38770MEEA02 = ECU Mexico
38770MEEB01 = ECU Brazil
38770MEED01 = ECU UK
38770MEED01 = ECU Australia
38770MEED01 = ECU Ireland
38770MEEF02 = ECU France
38770MEEG02 = ECU Germany, 36531MEED01 = O2-sensor
38770MEEJ01 = ECU Japan
38770MEEK01 = ECU Korea

This was last year of fixed ROM, non-programmable ECUs, so I suspect differences in mapping is to account for variations in local petrol as well as emissions standards. Wouldn't be much performance difference if any. Although for some models, I don't recall which & when, Japanese models were severely crippled, like -30% down on power due to local regulations at time.

Reactions: tary preisser
1 - 7 of 7 Posts