Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

has anyone tried on an alpinestars 44 and the teknic 44? if so, how do the sizes compare to each other? ive tried on A* 42 and 44 as well as joe rocket 42 and 44s but none of the places around my area have other brands such a spidi, agvsport, motogp, etc.. so if anyone knows how each of these compare to each other, but more particularly how the A* and teknic compare, your input would be greatly appreciated... TIA !

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
My thinking on the matter is,It doesn't cost that much more if any to have a custom suit made.With me living in Alaska and not having that that many choices to choose from on the shelf,I'm going to have one made the next time I buy.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i tried on a 42 rocket today...it fit pretty good actually...legs dont need to be taken in or anything...but exactly how tight should the suit be as far as upper body?...i could probably pinch less than a 1/2 inch if that anywhere on the upper body of the suit...it felt a bit tight, but im not sure if its suppose to be since it is a full suit..TIA again

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It should fit snug.Remember that it will stretch during break in,not a lot but some.

Also,sit on the bike with it on to see how it feels.If whoever you're dealing with won't let you sit on a bike,take your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh good point...ill try that out tomorrow...im going back with a buddy who can offer some actual knowledge unlike the people working there with their "i guess thats how it should be"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Good deal taking someone that knows a little more.

It's your money,it's almost a grand to buy a good one piece,if it's not right,don't buy it.

Remember also,it needs to do it's job and do it well.Don't let some sales person talk you into some lesser gear that's not of good quaility construction.Make sure it's at the very least double stitched and it should be stitched on the inside where there are key contact points to the asphalt.(stitching burns fast and will allow seams to burst exposing the skin)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im lookin into either AGVSport, teknic, joe rocket or spidi...the spidi im not sure about though, because i know of no where i could try it on, seeing that the A* 42 was longer and a bit less roomy than the JR 42...i would like to know how the spidi compares (im guessing closer to A*) but any real info would be good

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've got a 42 spidi right now and it fits my body type perfectly (I'm 5'10', 155)..It's definitely not on the roomy side though its pretty skinny..IMO the joe rockets seem to be more "roomy" they don't fit me well though..My next suit will probably be AGVsport because they have a pretty good privateer contigency program..Or at least they have one..I also think they customize your leathers as well..I haven't look too much into it though..my .02

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thats what i needed to know juni...looks like im gonna try to pick up on a JR suit...the 42 fits good in the legs for me, as thats the problem i have with all suits

1 - 10 of 10 Posts