Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched throughout this forum and couldn't really find what i was looking for. Basically I can't believe I didn't notice that the bike i just bought has two different tires. Its got pilot powers up front and Metzeler M3's in the back. Both tires look almost brand new and i've been riding them pretty hard for about two weeks now. The combo feels great and i've almost gotten rid of my chicken strips. Just wondering if I should be carful about having an unmatching set of tires. Will anything weird start happening i.e. irregular tread wear? Any ideas/thoughts will be greatly appreciated. BTW how the fook do you post pics? Am i retarded?

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you haven't noticed any problems with handling yet, then I wouldn't worry about it. I run mixed match tires on my VFR all the time.

Posting pics? I haven't uploading anything to the 600rr.net site yet. I usually put all my pictures on photobucket and then post them here.

·
Registered
586 Posts
You'll have some people tell you that you MUST run matching tires, blah blah, I don't buy it.

I've ran missmatched tires so many times, no problems.

Not optimal probably, but just fine.

What I would recommend against however, is running very different TYPES of tires on front and back. For example, if you had a hard street tire on front, and sticky performance tire on back, the front might break loose way before it should, and that would be bad.

I think as long as both are the same type of tire, ie. street, performance, etc. it's fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts