Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on guys...I am in the process of trying to sell my bike but am undecisive on what to do. Heres a jist on the bike, I bought the bike in June of 08 its an 03 cbr 600rr I bought it with 5200 on it and so far I have put roughly 3700 on it I have the bike on CL for 4900 obo thats what I payed for it a guy contacted me and offered 3800 I laughed at him and told him I would be kicking my self in the nuts if I let it go that cheap I told him the lowest I would go is 4600 he said he could get 4500 by the end of the week. The bike runs good and has had no problems, appearence wise there are dings from the previous owner and a few cracks from wear and tear now given the fact I do need to replace the rotors I really don't know what to do maybe you guys have some insight on what the hell I should do...I want to sell my bike so I can buy a newer like 05-06 model...Opinions Please:director:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after i denied the 3800 he offered 4500 by the end of the week. There are 3 visible cracks 2 in the rear cowl and one in the upper.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
You better hope he sticks to his word. It's doubtful you'll find another buyer at that price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately, what you'd like to get for the bike and what someone is willing to pay are usually different numbers. Especially with motorcycles, which are not hugely expensive to begin with (in comparison to a big purchase like a car), there isn't a large gap between a used bike and a new one. If you can buy a nice used bike for $5-6k, why not just spend $7-8k and get a new one? You certainly can't bridge the difference between used/new with $1-2k when shopping for a car. That being said, there isn't huge motivation for someone to buy an older bike that needs work for $5k, when they could just invest slightly more and get a lot more for their money.

I think that the $4500 would be a decent deal for you, especially considering the bike needs work (and you got 3000+ miles of enjoyment out of it for a few hundred dollar difference on what you paid). I suggest not rushing into a sale and fielding more offers so you can see the range of what people are willing to pay, but don't expect miracles trying to sell a 5-6 year old bike that needs work. Good luck with the sale, and I hope my opinion helped!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts