Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Blue 04 that's run 7000Km, love it!

But someone's in desperate need of cash and is selling the exact same model that's in red/black and is near brand new as its not even reached 500km! Pretty good deal.

So effectively, my choice is mostly limited to color and condition: my bike surely has more wear/light scratches etc. while his is near immaculate. I'll be getting a near brand new bike, which even has free-service remaining from the company.

The price he's agreeing to sell his bike is almost as much, or just very slightly more than what I'll get if I sell my bike.

Ofcourse, I'll be selling mine if I get his. So its either this or that.

Blue has always been my first choice, took it out for a ride last night and was amazed at how beautiful it looks under shining street lights. I have no idea if the red will be as impressive (in looks) as this.

So here's where I need help and suggestions:
Should I sell my bike to get his? Good decision?
Is the red/black one as good in appearance as the blue one? Given the choice, which would you prefer?

Mine:

His:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Bad decision......a bike that has that few miles is probably in not as good of a mechanical condition as yours (motors like to be run) and secondly, you probably won't end up getting what you expect for yours so you will "lose" money too.

I'd rather have a 4 1/2 year old bike with some miles and light surface scratches on it than one the same age that the motor is still not broken in IMO

·
Registered
68 Posts
What do you prefer. I agree that these motors like to be run. if you do take his you will mostlikely need to do a tune/check up. Cuz he probably didn't change the oil very often if at all. It might cause you some problems down the road if the oil got lumpy and dry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I will know in a day or two whether I might get more for my bike or not. Personally, ofcourse I love the blue. But if I'm getting a clean bike for lesser, than I don't mind the servicing/engine run that I might have to do.

As for color... I guess like me, most prefer the blue over the red/black. Hmmmm.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
buy new plastics, and switch em up every few months, it's like having 2 bikes; at least most girls think so ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol. Anyone here who has (had) the red/black?

And Purebred, love your avatar hehe. Can you please let me know where you got it from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, went ahead and bought the red one (and sold my bike). All I had to spend eventually was the equivalent of $40 only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts