Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BOTM 12/2006
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm replacing my spark plugs... i got everything off, and I'm about to take off the direct ignition coils... but as I try to take them off, I find that they are #&$*#*@'s to take off.

So my question is - do they just pop off? I can rotate them back and forth, so I'm assuming they just pop off... but i want to make sure of this before I put too much presure on them and break something. I tried just yanking them off with my hand, but they weren't comin... so just making sure they pop off before i bring out a tool to pry them off. :D

Thanks in advance.

·
BOTM 12/2006
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i tried to pop them off, but I ended up just pulling the whole coil out. :sad3:
Which still doesn't do me any good because I can't get it apart now.

Someone? help?

·
BOTM 12/2006
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK nevermind... I figured it out. I'm a newbie to this whole self-maintenance thing. :)

For anyone as dumb as me, the whole cylinder comes out (not just the top coming off like i thought at first), and the spark plug is placed down inside the case beneath the cylinder coil. Use a flathead screwdriver if you need to to pop the cylinder out. Then use the spark plug tool supplied in your tool kit to unscrew the spark plug and remove it.

I have photos if anyone needs to see them in the future. PM me and I can send them to you (they were too big to post here and i'm too lazy to resize them).

Cheers!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Never a dumb question. I'm in my garage as we speak and I'm going through the same problem as you did. So, I came on here to do a quick search and Wha la!! Thanx for the info. It'd be nice if the manual would have mentioned this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts