Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was just installing some rim tape this weekend, and saw that the guy who I bought the bike from installed the front wheel backwards :retard:. I don’t have stands yet, and all my tools are at a friend’s house, so I can’t do it myself. Is it safe to ride like that for a little while? I just road it for a 200 mile trip and didn’t feel anything strange, nor is there any wierd tire wear.

·
Registered
501 Posts
my front is put on in the wrong direction. i have the dyna beads in it and didnt wanna take it back off so i left it. haven't noticed anything different.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You will be fine, the reason why tyres are directional is because the tread pattern are designed to work best going in that direction, so if you riding to your mates place in the wet just take it easy as they will probably not disperse water at their full potential.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
You will be fine, the reason why tyres are directional is because the tread pattern are designed to work best going in that direction, so if you riding to your mates place in the wet just take it easy as they will probably not disperse water at their full potential.

there is a little bit more to it than that

the way the belts are laid and such, will cause the tire to deform / deflect a certain way when its the right way, and it may not do so when its the wrong way.

on car tires, running tires in the wrong direction, depending on the tire, can lead to tread seperation as the tire fights it self and destroys it self

not sure about bike tires how ever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts