Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today me and a few buddies got our dirt bikes out for the 1st time this year. We are in CT where there is nowhere to ride, unless you know a land owner or register your bike with the state. If you register it you pay property tax, so screw that. Yesterday I found a place online in Modena, NY that we could ride (1hour drive). This guy owns 400 acres with trails and motocross track and opens it to ATV and dirtbikes.

Well I haven't ridden a dirt bike since I was 16. We did okay for a bunch of old guys...lol...excpet my buddy Tom who lost it and banged up his ribs nicely and broke his clutch lever. My ankles aren't healed from last weekends spill at Loudon....so now I am in pain...but damn the dirtbikes were a blast....

·
Registered
467 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good time. Now, where are the pics???

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I'm Jealous

I envy you BigTuna. I wish I could do both again too. Nothing better than a couple of buddy's playin' in a big muddy field right after the rain! :thumbup: Aaahhh. Those were the days.... :bounce:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love dirtbiking! I try and go to the motocross track once a week. ITs hard because the closest is about 1:15 away from my house. I just started about 2 years ago at 43 yrs old and I am hooked. It is such a great workout too. Three hours at the trak and I am a noodle. My stamina has improved alot though and I'm clearing the doubles. The air and sliding the rear around really get the juices flowing. I love Dirtbikes!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
BigTuna said:
damn dude i been hitting you on the nextel all day...figured Mzilla was around so you were ignoring me.... :lol2:
I left the Nextel in the Jeep all weekend . . . I didn't want to catch any crap talking with you guys when you were riding. I figured I didn't want "M"-Zilla to think that by talking with you on the phone while you were riding I was having fun vicariously through you guys. She must have just sensed you guys were having fun anyway, because she gave me a world of hurt this weekend. I'm just lucky I was not KIA (Killed In Action) last night . . . it got pretty ugly . . . .

Sorry to hear about Tom . . . I guess we won't see him next race weekend, huh?

Sir Slickniss~

Tuna is 12 going on 13 . . . of course that's in adjusted post-divorce, mid-life crisis years . . . .

·
Registered
467 Posts
BigTuna said:
Sir Slickniss said:
how old are you BigTuna?
Gecko said:
Tuna is 12 going on 13 . . . of course that's in adjusted post-divorce, mid-life crisis years . . . .
Um, duh . . . I just said that . . . . :spit: :rofl:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I know this tread was posted a while back, but I would like to know what's the difference between a dirt bike and an all road bike. I know that they are differenent but which one is better and more fun to have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts