Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if they are worthy of replacing since I'm just starting out. I would have to change my upper triple tree. Because I have a vortex on there now and I wouldnt want to drill that out since I'll end up selling the bike later and putting it back to stock.

What are good mounts, I've seen things from 18 a pop to naardens' 45 dollar mounts.

Any issues with the DB mounting? cables? Lines? Can you fit everything on those bars?

Also, I dont need a HB yet right? I plan on learning wheelies first and then taking it from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run the 7/8 Pro Taper bars with Tag bar risers with no problem at all. All the lines will fit snug if you don't want to replace the stock ones. Just be sure to measure where you are to drill your holes; you don't want your **** uneven or too close say if you want to use a stabilizer. Hope it turns out well...

·
Registered
197 Posts
diggin up an old thread here i know but i got a ?. i know i asked this before but i searched and cant find it. what size db bars do i need to get my stock throttle tube, clutch, brake, and what not on? i see terms like 7/8 and 1 1/8 i'm thinkin this is the size to indicate wich risers i need but dunno.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
fat bars or 1 1/8 inch will taper to 7/8 at the handles to fit your throttle tube etc...
they are only fatter in the middle which is where it counts and mounts so make sure your brackets will fit a fat bar if going that way

·
Registered
197 Posts
thanks for the info mang. I'm waitin to hear from ceph as to what risers he used on his SF but havent heard back from him. I saw a nice set on cycle gear website but after seeing my tire has 3 threads showin i'm thinkin i need some things more than others :banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts