Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where this image came from? even jsut a url?

ive spent too much time looking for it on google images already, so maybs someone else saw it somewhere.

also, has anyone heard anything about it? i found the guys youtube channel, but there isnt much on it. (the guy is paralyzed from the chest down, but he still gets out on the track. Power too him.)

I know this is a repost, a while ago i saw this pic here.

·
Registered
710 Posts
There is a guy that rides with STT in the Southern group...I cannot remember his name, but he has a similar device on his bike. he actually rides the I group and is quite quick! There are also several one armed riders that ride with us...one is actually an advanced instructor. More power to these guys! Tdub

·
Registered
554 Posts
All I know is that the picture came from his track video from youtube. There are a buncha videos out there with guys with similar setups to accommodate their disabilities. Very impressive skill and determination from all those guys.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i may be dumb but what does that contraption on the back do?? any other views...how does he stop without tipping over? not being insensitive just genuinely curious

·
Registered
554 Posts
i may be dumb but what does that contraption on the back do?? any other views...how does he stop without tipping over? not being insensitive just genuinely curious
They are just speed sensitive stabilizers that are deployed under a certain speed so they don't tip over at a stop. This video helps show a bit.

·
Registered
457 Posts
that is an interesting concept. Until today, i though the only option was a trike or reverse trike,
there is a guy around here who rides a can am and straps his wheel chair to the back

·
Registered
266 Posts
<This device is only useful only on track. Don't think it would work so will on the street in real world condition.>

Yeah, it would be too cumbersome in stop and go traffics.

Anyway, wow, technology is amazing it allows people to do things without constraints.

You've got to give these fu&kers a medal for bravery or craziness.

What I discovered about handicapped people is that they are very determined people. So, don't fu&k with them.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I saw a dual sport, street fighter looking, bike at school and noticed it has a cup holder on the left side of the handle bar. On my first glance, I thought that was cool. Within moments later, a young fella walked out and immediately I saw he has no left hand. It was just a stump. He swing his leg over the bike, got dressed, put on a helmet, started the bike, and took off like a normal person would. I stood in shock wondering how he did he use the clutch. I carefully looked at his bike while he was about to leave and saw that the clutch was held in place by the zip tie lock to the handlebar. He got my utmost respect for riding like that.

I know it's off topic but just want to recognize a disabled brother.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts