Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having trouble with slight discoloration near the rear decals? I wouldn't think the exhaust would get that hot to cause that....i have aftermarket exhaust, but the heat shield is still in place. Any tips to take care of it?

K

·
0 Posts
dark discoloration or fading? if it's fading, do you cover it? if it's darkening, how's your A/F ratio?

·
Registered
617 Posts
The white "Honda" decal and my tailight gets dirty from my exhaust. They get a yellow-brownish coating on them after a while. I use that P100 stuff from CycleGear when I wash it and it always cleans them up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Did you change your exhaust? Get a Remap? Is it a little more black than yellow? Could be that your running rich and there is a small (or large) amount of unburned fuel coming out of the exhaust and that black smoke will discolor. You probably have seen it on POS cars, or RICERS (same thing) that dont have a tune up or run too bug exhaust and there is black smoke coming out when they go WOT (or sometimes partial) there is black smoke coming out and over a short time it resides on their bumpers as a nasty black residue.

If you have done exhaust work, or maybe your bike needs a tune up? How many miles? what kind of mods?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it's more browning...almost like hard water spots. I never wash it in the bright sunlight of the day, i usually wait till just before dusk. I usually wax it everytime also. The bike has never been covered and always garage kept. It's 2 months old with just under 2k on it, i haven't remapped but did put yoshi rs5 slip on.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Then you may be running rich at certain areas of the RPM band especially at WOT, or near it!

I would ALWAYS remap a computer whenever I put an exhaust on. Try putting on a Aftermarket, K&N, or B&M or maybe a DNA air filter. That should help to lean it just a little!

But still get a PCIII and remap it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts