Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if there is a simple way to disconnect the odometer? My friend banged up the miles pretty high on his cuz of the way it was geared. He just wanted to unhook it for a bit to level it out....anyone?

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
He could buy a "Speedo Healer" and set to to read really low.

http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/intro.htm
This is what I plan on doing with mine. I have about 1000 extra miles or so since ive done the 15/45 520. There is also a service on the net that can adjust your mileage on the speedo. I don't have the web site but you could probably find it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mabbottusmc said:
U need the speedo to run the bike.
how so? can't you just unplug it or pull a fuse so the guage cluster doesnt work?

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
bluegauges.com offers odometer adjustments. Check out there site. They also offer a product similar to the speedo healer but cheaper.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
03WisconsinRR said:
bluegauges.com offers odometer adjustments. Check out there site. They also offer a product similar to the speedo healer but cheaper.
Tron, this is the site I was talking about. No the mileage is not on the computer it is stored in the speedo. They can program the speedo to whatever mileage you want.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
flamedRRider said:
Tron, this is the site I was talking about. No the mileage is not on the computer it is stored in the speedo. They can program the speedo to whatever mileage you want.
which site?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
Nope, try unpluging it. It won't start.
That's interesting. I started the bike after putting the front together and noticed that the gauges were not working. I had forgotten to plug them in. It was in nuetral. It is an '04. I did not try to put it in gear or anything. I was thinking at the time that it wasn't suppose to start without the cluster being hooked up.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah, I blue my fuse playing with a broken blinker (don't ask) and rode around for a couple days with no gauges...don't think it stored my accrued mileage, can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
also to dont set the speedohealer to low because the computer adjusts fuel/air ratio based on your speed as well. so if its not perfect ull be doing damage to your bike. just a little heads up!!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
blwnbyu33 said:
also to dont set the speedohealer to low because the computer adjusts fuel/air ratio based on your speed as well. so if its not perfect ull be doing damage to your bike. just a little heads up!!!!
Doesn't it calculate the ratio using engine RPM and air velocity? I'm sure it's smart enough to know when to add more fuel based on the actual volume of air. If speed is a factor in the formular, then the bike would be running on the rich side on the dyno, and lean on the track/street.

... just my observation.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
blwnbyu33 said:
Wow thats good to know.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nope its completely based on revs. It doesn't have a clue about air pressure in the box nor speed the bike is travelling. Thats why your power on the road without realistic ramair isn't the same as on a dyno. If you set a map up for the PC3 then it's simply a A/F ratio at the different rev range. The performance is then affected by other things not taken into account by the ec. aircompression(in the box), temp, altitude. Go run your bike below sea level on a cpld day you'll see the difference compared to when its cooking in the hills

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
This strikes some curiosity for me as well...

So anyone have a clue how much performance losses you are having if running a -1/+2 setup WITHOUT changing the spedometer? Also... if the bike is typically 8-10% off right from the factory, wouldn't you suppose that the performance is being effected right from the get-go? I'm just very confused as to why they would design the bike with performance to be effected by something with such a large error in the first place, let alone if you change gearing.

Also, If you dyno your bike without the speedohealer, only to later put the speedohealer in, wouldn't you suppose that the a/f is now off again, and simply due to that change you would need to remap the bike? I'm definately not doubting what all of you are saying, just seems a little odd to me. Unless of course the change is minimal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
look the bike takes speed and rpms to help detetermine the right mix. its not primarily one or the other. im sure if you put it on a dyno to see the difference it would be only slighty marginal at best. but since every little bit helps then why not make it right. also i think it fair to assume that if the bike is not on its game and you do not have it tuned right with the speedohealer situation as well i think it would put more wear on the motor. probably not enough to kill it but long term might have an effect. that is solely an educated OPINION!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts