Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my pilot powers front and back at ron ayers and they gave me an email saying that the front tire was now discontinued by the manufacturer.

I cant beleive this now I have to wait even longer to get my tires on.

what tire should I go with for the front the back is going to be the pilot power of course or should I cancel my order for the back tire and order another brand that match?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meddling kid said:
this sounds like a job for Wol
wol? im not sure what you meen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill just have to wait until he chimes in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have they have better pricing and i would have been less likely to run into this problem. Unfortunatley I had already ordered and it was too late. I will support the sponsors of this site more.

I will buy the front tire from flatout probably, I was just in a hurry to find the best price I didnt really think of that.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I smell Bullsh1t!!! I could be wrong, but I just don't see how Michelin would discontinue a 120/70/17 size tire that is a top seller! Everybody & their mothers are using Pilot Powers why would they discontinue it??

Are you sure you ordered the right size??

I just went to tthe Michelin site and that tire is listed...there is nothing about that size being discontinued.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thats what RonAyers.com had emailed me saying that the front were discontinued. Ill have to write them to see if they made a mistake.
It was listed as the stock tire size for the bike

Wouldnt it be great if they credited my bank account and sent me the tire anyways. I cant be that lucky

Im up for the myth buster challenge anyone want to bust it hehe

·
Registered
968 Posts
Pilot powers are still out there, but anyway, try out Qualifiers, I have those and they are awesoem back, i rip it up on those...and those stick like Flys on SH*T!! haha

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i don't think so, they ran out stock i'll buy that but discontinued? is michelin out of it's fuggin mind?

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I just got off the phone with the USA Michelin Consumers Affairs and the Powers Are NOT Discontinued!!!
There are 2 part numbers for that tire...#82658 & 92557 Same tires just different numbers cause one is an OEM number.

I believe she said that The #92557 is currently on backorder.
The tire is Availible and Michelin has them in stock!!

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Good to know as I just bought a set not too long back and have yet to install them.

I know there was a guy on the board floating around that developed tires for Mich., maybe he will chime in (if needed at this point).

Jason

N

·
0 Posts
It's possible guys. I mean, look when they rolled out the Pilot Powers and discontinued the Pilot Sports.

What I'm saying is the new Michelin Pilot Powers (C2 was it?) may be replacing the reg. Pilot Powers.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Ahhh no worries to me really. I still got those crappy Dunlops on with no belts showing through yet, 5500 miles!

The Powers are safely waiting to go on before it gets inspected as it will not pass for sure.

Jason

1 - 20 of 22 Posts