Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Edwards AFB in California, just watched it on NASA tv. Few things still stir emotions deep enough in me to threaten a tear in the eye but watching a shuttle leave and return is one of them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Didn't watch it on TV, but definately heard/felt the sonic boom (I live about 80 miles or so from Edwards AFB) It shook the house and set off a couple alarms. Man, I can't remember the last time I've heard a sonic boom from Edwards. It's been a while =)

I'm glad they all made it home safe. This is a great step for NASA and hopefully they'll continue the space program in the near future.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Damn I didn't see anything on TV..Although I'm not American,it's still great to hear everything went well.I was a little concerned since the last air tragedy..Is there any footage online of their return? I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
xmalambotzx said:
scroll down and click on " discovery is home "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8515881/

lots of pics of the landing are there too

thanks for the link!! great to see they made it back safe. What a rush that has to be. "Space Hair" hahaha

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm 100 miles from Edwards AFB

I definitly felt the Sonic Boom, however i stay up to watch it at 5:12pm, I was kinda mad that they didn't allow a public viewing of it.....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm glad they made it back ok. I had to rack out ASAP when I got home at 6:30 this morning, I was just spent from work. But I can't believe they didn't show the actual landing! WTF is up with that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts