Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!!!
I'm from Greece and these days my government she will vote new taxis about fuel, drinks, cigarette etc.
and i have curiosity to now what is in your states the price per lt for gas
Here in Athens we pay in average 1.26€/lt for regular gas and 1.50€/lt for super unleaded 100 octane.
and with new taxis fees we will pay 0.15€ - 0.20€ more in lt.
thank you all in advance!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Let me try some math

1 Euro = 1.37 U.S. dollars.
1 liter = 0.2642 U.S. gallons.
3.785 liters in 1 U.S. gallon

mctalas you're paying:
Regular Gas: 1.26€/lt
Unleaded 100 Octane: 1.50€/lt

In U.S Measurements you're paying:
Regular Gas: $6.51 U.S. dollars per gallon of gas
Unleaded 100 Octane: $7.78 U.S. dollars per gallon of gas

Wow, that's crazy expensive in the minds of us Americans. If I were to do my normal fill up of 3 gallons on my 600rr in Greece, it would cost me $23.34 U.S. dollars.

We're spoiled here in America; in Texas 93 octane unleaded is $2.89 a gallon. To put it in your terms mctalas, we pay:
0.56€/lt for 93 oct unleaded supreme.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I filled up this morning at the more expensive gas station around me an paid $2.71 a gallon, I can't believe your paying $2.89 in Texas no less. Don't you guys drill for oil down there?? I would think it would be cheaper? :ponder:

·
Registered
121 Posts
gas gets more expencive the further it has to travel by land, especially by truck. in boston it arrives by ship straight from the refinery, ships are expensive but they hold millons of gallons. so the cost per gallon is low. the further you go from the port the more gas costs. also many states have diffrent tax rates.
in the good old USA our goverment subsidises oil and gas drilling to keep percived cost low and exon-mobil profits high.
at one time europe wanted the USA to subsidise there desiel fuel (How this would benifit me i dont know)
so you do pay much more for a gallon of gas you just pay it in taxes, or we borrow it from china

·
Registered
121 Posts
it was 1.05 for a long time i miss those days. if only I bought exon stock the day after the valdese crash i could be on that $75,000 duc and not worring about a thing

·
Registered
59 Posts
it is crazy that gas was a dollar only like ten years ago.and now 2.65 for the cheap ****.but it makes me feel better when i fill my bike up for under 9 dollars then my truck that is like $60 to fill up cant wait for it to get just a little bit warmer out and but the truck away till winter

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
it is crazy that gas was a dollar only like ten years ago.and now 2.65 for the cheap ****.but it makes me feel better when i fill my bike up for under 9 dollars then my truck that is like $60 to fill up cant wait for it to get just a little bit warmer out and but the truck away till winter
:+1: im getting ready to put the truck away soon, Im ready to fill up the 5 gallon bike instead of a thirsty 25 gallon tank!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
We're spoiled here in America; in Texas 93 octane unleaded is $2.89 a gallon. [/quote said:
Speak for yourself, we have always been bent over on gas prices in Cali.:banghead: Sure it's not like Europe, but give it a few more years and it will be.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Speak for yourself, we have always been bent over on gas prices in Cali.:banghead: Sure it's not like Europe, but give it a few more years and it will be.
Agreed. Politics and greedy petroleum companies has more to do with gas prices than how far the gas has to travel to get to the gas pump, lol. We have loads of drilling platforms/fields and refineries in california, and we have some of the highest gas prices in the nation.

From what I saw in Europe, Spain seemed to have to lowest gas prices. The Netherlands and the UK (because of the currency exchange) had prices that equated to over 7 US dollars a gallon. But hey, at least they have much more fuel efficient (and more poorly built, i.e. you will die in a highspeed car crash) cars than we do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in London, England and we have to pay 114 pence per ltr at the moment, gone up recently - two weeks ago it was 107p pence - that is just for normal unleaded - premium is 125 pence per ltr.

So in Greece it would be 1.27euro - similar to what you are paying.

It's all about the tax put on it by the government and the price of oil at the moment!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
yea we need .97 cent gas prices again. those were the days
last time i saw that price, was litterally the day i got my drivers license :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts