Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm pretty new here and just recently got a '06 cbr 600. it's an all black bike and I'm pretty happy with how it looks but theres a nasty orange/brown colored exhaust pipe coming from my yoshi slip-on. Does anyone know how I can change the color without powdercoating it? Any info will help.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
ehhe...

not powder coating

but you can ceramic coat (which is better than powdercoating for exhaust)

but not much will hold up to the heat ... you could try the flat black rattle can fireplace / grill paint stuff...

·
Registered
821 Posts
ehhe...

not powder coating

but you can ceramic coat (which is better than powdercoating for exhaust)

but not much will hold up to the heat ... you could try the flat black rattle can fireplace / grill paint stuff...
I did this to the midpipe on my 05. It worked incredibly well! Not a single chip or flake to be seen after hundreds of miles.

If you don't want it to be black, give it a scrub with a synthetic abrasive pad (scotch-brite). Unless your mid-pipe is polished... then use polish.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
speakin of mid pipes i got a brand new arrow mid pipe that will fit with any slip on for sale....its BRAND NEW :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I painted my stock exhaust pipe with dupli color high heat ceramic which was 1200 degree. It still flaked off around the weld joints even after properly preparing the metal for paint. You could maybe try an exhaust wrap which they make in colors but that will also eventually fade. Some people say the wraps make your pipes rust fast which I dont know is true or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts