Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an idiot. Long story short I tried to back down-hill a driveway with my disk brake on (accident of course). I am fairly confident that my right front rotor is slightly warped. When I apply my brakes (not hard) I get a slight pulsating feeling accompanied by a nice little squeak.

The 600RR is only 4 months old with ~2500 miles on it. Should I fix this rotor problem? Can I eliminate the squeak with some spray-on or something? I haven't looked into the repair price and have contemplated trying to get warranty to replace it by complaining after I replace the front fender/fork cover. I'm a newbie and need advice, thanks!

Note that my braking power hasn't declined but I am worrying that it may cost me more in the long run if I leave this problem alone.

·
Registered
158 Posts
those disc locks are the worst inventions cause if you do use it, you will forget one day to take it off. why not use a cable lock and wrap it around both wheels if its long enough and besides, you'll see it

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
i have a neon tether that attacthes to my handle bars. that way i remember to take mine off. Of course now that i am going to get an alarm installed not sure if i am still going to use it....

Yeah I am, along with a bike chain, puma and professional sniper

·
Registered
123 Posts
should replace the rotors, replacing rotors isn't hard at all. Just gotta remove the front wheel which was pretty easy but a lot of work at the same time.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Bent my rotor when i hit a deer last year. Took me like 15 minutes to change it out, not hard at all. What is ridiculous are the cost of new rotors, even stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts