·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I recieved in the mail a summons to court for:

DISPLAY OF UNCLEAN LICENSE PLATES
NO VALID CERTIFICATE OF INSPECTION
OPERATION OF UNSAFE VEHICLE

Now.. I posted a while back that I got a bull **** ticket. But let me reiterate the ticket, which is completely different from what i've been summoned to court over.

LICENSE PLATE UNCLEAR (my license plate is very easy to see)
INSPECTION STICKER NOT DISPLAYED (w/e that **** was in my trunk)
NO REAR RED REFLECTOR. (state law here clearly states that your tail light can act as a reflector)

Please, someone explain to me how the second caps changed into the first caps... Regardless.. Im going to keep my cool when I go to court because.. well its the judge. But damn is it going to be hard.. WTF is municipal court?

*edited for content.. Was a little too harsh*

Anyways, unclear changed to unclean?
I am guilty on the inspection sticker.. I knew that and just didnt care... But it got changed to invalide certificate of inspection? WTF
How did no rear red reflector (which state law states that your brake light can be a reflector) get changed to operation of unsafe vehicle?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'm lost... you are not abiding by your states' vehicle codes but it's the officers fault for enforcing them?

I just got a ticket last week for my license plate being tucked. I've put over 4,000 miles on the bike with it there, ridden passed numerous cops and have never once been hassled for it until a bike cop decided to pull me over for it.

I just relocated the tag today and am going to go get it dropped next week. I knew from the beginning that it was not legal, but suitable enough to not get me pulled over by anyone other than a hard-ass, bored cop.

Your inspection was not displayed... your arguing that because? Red reflectors are required here, too, and as much as I don't like them, they're on there.

You're at fault, what the **** are you crying about?

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Jyn.. did you read the first half?
I read everything up until you started rambling on about how important you consider yourself.

Your charges were reassigned more appropriately according to what was in violation. I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I edited it .. re read it.

Dude.. wtf?

Reassigned more appropriately? unclean license plates? I keep my bike very clean.. it was "hard to see" now its just dirty?

How does concealed/hidden/not displayed turn into no valid inspection?

Exaggerating the reflector part.. could be reworded into operation of unsafe vehicle.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
My bad, I read the initial violations as the updated ones.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
the courts copy of the ticket should say excacly what the issued ticket say's, anything thats been modified, altered or charges changed after the fact is easy grounds for dismissal, but you need a lawyer for that, but it dont serious enough for a lawyer unles the fines are crazy $$$!

that suck bro, live and learn!! yea that cop must have been bored!!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I can see how they probably renamed the first 2 infractions. but the 3rd one about operating an "unsafe vehicle" sounds bogus, if you say that the tailight is sufficient as a rear reflector in your state. either way, that rear reflector issue can be dismissed once you prove that you have installed red led reflectors or prove to the court that it is not required.

how much was the original ticket?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
a lot of confusion in this thread. haha

i'm just curious why the thread is titled dislike law enforcement?

haha. The actual thread title was very in appropriate. It said "I've said it before. **** the police. The mods changed it in about.. ten seconds.. Thanks to them though it was pretty rude.

I also had a good paragraph of me bitching about things. The LEOs and the judicial system and the people running for political positions who cant get their **** together I.E. taxes.

I was pretty heated last night at this crap. I was rambling and it was very unprofessional.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
haha. The actual thread title was very in appropriate. It said "I've said it before. **** the police. The mods changed it in about.. ten seconds.. Thanks to them though it was pretty rude.

I also had a good paragraph of me bitching about this **** can of a country that I (military) am fighting to protect. The POS LEOs and the judicial system and the morons in congress who cant get their **** together I.E. taxes.

I was pretty heated last night at this crap. I was rambling and it was very unprofessional.
TUFF said:
I'll be fine in the morning
O snap, you lied!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Today I recieved in the mail a summons to court for:

DISPLAY OF UNCLEAN LICENSE PLATES
NO VALID CERTIFICATE OF INSPECTION
OPERATION OF UNSAFE VEHICLE

Now.. I posted a while back that I got a bull **** ticket. But let me reiterate the ticket, which is completely different from what i've been summoned to court over.

LICENSE PLATE UNCLEAR (my license plate is very easy to see)
INSPECTION STICKER NOT DISPLAYED (w/e that **** was in my trunk)
NO REAR RED REFLECTOR. (state law here clearly states that your tail light can act as a reflector)

Please, someone explain to me how the second caps changed into the first caps... Regardless.. Im going to keep my cool when I go to court because.. well its the judge. But damn is it going to be hard.. WTF is municipal court?

*edited for content.. Was a little too harsh*

Anyways, unclear changed to unclean?
I am guilty on the inspection sticker.. I knew that and just didnt care... But it got changed to invalide certificate of inspection? WTF
How did no rear red reflector (which state law states that your brake light can be a reflector) get changed to operation of unsafe vehicle?

First, Municipal refers to the city (or District Court).

Second, "I am guilty on the inpection sticker.. I knew tthat and just didnt care..."...............It seems that you care NOW, since you got pinched.

Third, Your brake light CAN act as a reflector....only if it is a reflective type lens (not just a red tinted lens).

Finally, maybe your reputation for being a "FTP'er" has caught up with you!?

·
Registered
101 Posts

I also had a good paragraph of me bitching about this **** can of a country that I (military) am fighting to protect. The POS LEOs and the judicial system and the morons in congress who cant get their **** together I.E. taxes.

Tuff...if you are in the military and you openly write derogatory information about elected officials (i.e. Congress) can get you some unwanted attention.

What is your MOS/AFSC?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^ Ill tell you in a couple weeks... stand by...

Updated on the ticket. Got the License plate thrown out.. because I wasnt breaking the law..

Got the inspection thing thrown out.. dont know how..

But the rear reflector thing.. I printed out the texas law saying that my rear reflector is my tail light.. but.. didnt show them my tail light.. so she didnt put it on my record, but did the whole 3 mo. probation thing and said I cant get another rear reflector ticket in 3 months... im not too worried about the reflection. I was gonna goto a judge and fight to get it thrown out but im in military training and will be out of state so I dont have time so I paid the 107 for the probation thing .. nothing went on my record though

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And openly write derogatory information? I posted facts... let me quote what moe wrote a while back

6. A Commerce Secretary nominee who withdrew due to corruption charges.

7. A Tax cheat nominee for Chief Performance Officer who withdrew
under charges.

8. A Labor Sec'y nominee who withdrew under charges of unethical
conduct.

9. A Sec'y HHS nominee who withdrew under charges of cheating on his
taxes.

10. Multiple appointments of former lobbyists after an absolute
campaign statement that no lobbyists would be appointed.

Those are facts.. Facts, not derogatory opinions.. I can talk about facts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts