Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just found out one of my distant uncle is selling a 929RR. I was very interested but do not know anything about the bike. I have an 600RR7 but wanted to pick up a "beater" bike. Its a 2001 929RR with 12k miles. Full Akrapovic system and PC. Frame sliders and Flush mounts. I could care less for all other things. Main reason I actually liked it is because he fired it up and it was just music. Anyway, please enlighten me. Oh by the way he said 4.5k *negotiable* Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Seems high, but considering its not in production anymore, it may be worth more in your eyes. I know id pay more then blue book on an rc51

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you want it in addition to the 600RR then go ahead, but I would NEVER replace my 600RR with a 929. I never had a high opinion of the litre bikes that came between the 900RR and the 1000RR though

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
929s and 954s are great bikes. They are still Hondas. They are heavier but have more balls. Not as crisp in any area as a 07 600 RR. One of the finer bikes for their day. Low ball for sure. 3500 if its cherry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK let me correct myself. A second bike I would be willing to drive daily. I just dont want to drive the 600 daily because I love it too much. I feel bad for the 600 sometimes when I drive it in the city too much. I work in downtown sf so the bike gets roughed up by roads pretty well. I want the 600's life to be spent more on the track. I know its kind of bass ackwards. But its just how I feel about the situation. I'd feel better driving the 929 on a daily basis. So I guess its not really going to be a beater bike, A daily driver is a more correct term. Sorry...I guess all I'm looking for is some people's experience with the 929.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i rode an Erion edition 929RR a while ago, and it was a sweet bike.
but the 07RR is better and faster in every way, except maybe top speed.

i would still like to have one of those, or 954RR, or RC51 SP2.
offer 4k and if its in good shape, get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts