Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
ground,just touch a large piece of metal object or the ground (not carpet..something conduct electricity) so you discipate all the static electricity so it won't burn your circuit board. Also, you might have used a too powerful (hot) solder iron that might have burn out something on the board?? not sure why cuz it's electronics and tons of things can go wrong.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
whats with the random colors? i dont get it. why would you want rainbow colors?

I figured sence I was in there I would just change everything. At night it looks very good plus I have not seen it on any other bike. That makes me special:icon_lol:.

·
Registered
450 Posts
well i got the blinkers figured out and the gas led's to work but the led closest to the gas led's i can't put on or the gas ones don't work. not sure what i'm doing wrong, or what might be going on with the 2 far ones for the speedo they wont come on no matter what i do. i messed with it for hours and got sick of it so gave up, maybe take it to an electrician if noone can give me any better ideas of things to try
these LEDs are super sensitive to heat!!!!!

I had the same kind of problem with mine. the leds are in series, power needs to go through both to work. if one is blown they wont work.
the 6 in the speedo are 3 groups ie
1 2 3
1 2 3

i checked with my DMM to see which one was blown using the diode setting.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
has anyone ordered the orange led's from ozium?? if so are they similar to the gixxer orange or better yet have any pics

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just a quick question, what voltage leds do you use? Because the leds on the site are all different voltage depending on the colors or does it makes no difference?

Thanks! :wave:

·
Registered
450 Posts
just use the link to ozinum.com.
they are what i used no issues, and the cheapest even inc shipping to australia. Any great service.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oke thats because the voltage of the stock leds is 1.9volts ( i measured it ), so if you pick higher voltage for the leds you'll be safe :). They will shine a not so bright maybe, but that wouldn't be a problem!

·
Registered
313 Posts
hey, thanks a ton for this guide! :01_thumbu just did my 08 led color and polarization, much easier than i thought it would be. ended up going with all blue leds from oznium, i ordered twice as many as i needed just in case, planning to do white tach with blue gauges. started with the blue leds, made a mental note to not put any on the tach spots, and forgot to read the mental note. oh well, i don't mind the all blue one bit... :icon_lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oke thats because the voltage of the stock leds is 1.9volts ( i measured it ), so if you pick higher voltage for the leds you'll be safe :). They will shine a not so bright maybe, but that wouldn't be a problem!
The light intensity of an LED is actually specified at a certain current, not voltage. The higher the current flowing through an LED the higher the voltage drop across the LED. Since our bikes have 12V systems there are a number of LEDs in series as well a current limiting resistor and a transistor to turn them on.

Different color LEDs can have very different voltage drops. Generally, amber and red LEDs have the lowest voltage drop (often around 2V). The green, blue, and white LEDs usually have higher voltage drops (closer to 3-4V). So if the system voltage is 14V (when the bike is running) and there are 6 red LEDs in series with each dropping 2V, then you choose the value of the current limiting resistor so that you get the desired current through the string of LEDs. Having worked with similar LEDs before, I would assume that the stock amber LEDs are biased at about 25mA. Using LEDs with a higher voltage drop will require a smaller value resistor.

When I get around to changing these out in my gauges I'll trace out the circuit and share it with everyone. Unless of course someone has already done that and would like to post that info here?

·
Registered
227 Posts
just use the link to ozinum.com.
they are what i used no issues, and the cheapest even inc shipping to australia. Any great service.
You can find these at just about any reputable online electronics parts distributors. Ones I would use are www.digikey.com, www.mouser.com, www.newark.com. Just search for LEDs with a PLCC-2 package. OSRAM is one of the better LED manufacturers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey, thanks a ton for this guide! :01_thumbu just did my 08 led color and polarization, much easier than i thought it would be. ended up going with all blue leds from oznium, i ordered twice as many as i needed just in case, planning to do white tach with blue gauges. started with the blue leds, made a mental note to not put any on the tach spots, and forgot to read the mental note. oh well, i don't mind the all blue one bit... :icon_lol:

this is one sick cluster .. i wish i was skilled enough to do this. anyone want to do it for me???

·
Registered
901 Posts
back in this write up you said to just put colored gels in to change the tack color . i just did my cluster all white i assumed the tach would show up white even though the surface of it was a slight red . well to my suprise when i put it back together it is red . my question is how to get the needle to show up white ?? do you have to strip what paint it on the top of the needle off ?? any help would be appreciated .

21 - 40 of 184 Posts