Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had to comment because I was asking my girlfriend what she thought of this mod and she says to me "Is it a rainbow bike?" said what the f*@k are you talking about, and she says " A rainbow bike, is it a rainbow bike" so I had to laugh and say nice rainbow bike. Its there... do you see it? lol

oh yeah, not that there is anything wrong with that :)

(P.S.-disconnect the NEGATIVE FIRST, then undo the POSITIVE SECOND, unless you like seeing a dropped spanner melt. Reconnect in reverse order you budding tinkerer you)

Then bolt your plate up.

The turn signals, you'll have to do yourself. This orange RR had compatible signals already. You can use another pair of lights you obtain from any auto parts store. I personally used a pair of LED's I picked up from Oreilly's used for trailer lighting and mounted them like so...

Once you've got your modded tail light mounted, your blinkers on, and your plate relocated, your ready to pop everything back together. Reverse order, pronto! Put the tail plastic back on, pop the four bolts under the passenger seat in, put the rider seat back on and mount it up with the pair of bolts pulled earlier, and finally, pop the pillion seat back on. You're done. That's it. $10-20 later and...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I had to comment because I was asking my girlfriend what she thought of this mod and she says to me "Is it a rainbow bike?" said what the f*@k are you talking about, and she says " A rainbow bike, is it a rainbow bike" so I had to laugh and say nice rainbow bike. Its there... do you see it? lol

I'm not really getting it unless she means a color changing paint because there is a blue bike in the first photo and a orange bike in the second one.

Um, never ask a girl (a girl-girl not a rider-girl) anything about bikes. I was thinking there was a blond moment happening with that comment.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The bike is painted with Mini's new paint, cost almost 2k but worth it, you paint it the base color, then you buy the color wipes you want and wipe the bike down, it takes about an hour for the color to start to show but once it is done it's solid. Will stay on for about a month, then fade in a day or so and you can apply another color or the same depending on your style. I like it alot as I couldn't pick what color bike I wanted, so when I heard about the paint on the Mini Cooper's I sped down to a stealership. Expensive, but worth it to me.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Do you have a stock exhaust?

Most riders who do this tail light mod have after market exhausts and discard the heat shield all together cause it'll only be in the way. And with an after market exhaust like mine, the carbon fiber 2 brothers, you don't need the heat shield anymore. Just throw that sh!t right over your shoulder, done and done.

Hmm :retard:

·
Registered
381 Posts
W O W !!!
Leave it to a girl to notice a bicycle (not even the focus of the conversation) posted up in the background...

·
Registered
27 Posts
how is this light for visibility on the road during the day? Any bad experiences? My akra sits pretty high up and i really wanna make sure I can be seen braking, dont want an suv up my ***

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
It is definitely the brightest unit that you could possibly put in the tail of the 07-09 bikes. It lights up street signs for quite a distance behind me at night.

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey.. i'm thinking of doing this mod on my 09. i have a two bros slip on, which as known, sticks out quite a ways. im worried about how visible it will be afterwards without any modding of the pipe. i noticed on some of the pictures it looks like you would barely be able to see the break light if you were a car behind the bike. do you guys who have done this or have other FEs notice any problems with visibility?

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
it's brighter than any aftermarket unit i've seen. go stand behind your bike, put your eyes behind the taillight and hit a brake and then ask yourself is it bright? i'm running an akra with this light, my friend has an arrow, another guy i did it for has a yoshi, works good for all of em. def better than the FE's these guys were running before... "cbr heaven" lolol

·
Registered
130 Posts
as soon as I get the bike from the shop tomorrow gonna do this mod

·
Registered
188 Posts
nice mod!

be careful with the license plate mounted like that though, if you hit a big bump or pothole you could be hitting your rear fender with your license plate. make sure you have a good 2-3" of clearance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Grafit 2008

How to make this gold color in THE wheel base ? can i make it silver in my 2008 graffit , WHAT OTHER MODIFICATION I CAN MAKE

thanks,
REGARDS, ABLAT

·
Banned
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
nice mod!

be careful with the license plate mounted like that though, if you hit a big bump or pothole you could be hitting your rear fender with your license plate. make sure you have a good 2-3" of clearance.
WRONG.

How to make this gold color in THE wheel base ? can i make it silver in my 2008 graffit , WHAT OTHER MODIFICATION I CAN MAKE

thanks,
REGARDS, ABLAT
you can take engrish crashes

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is awesome and I'm glad I found it!!!

I have a few questions as I am weary of cutting my tail section LOL!!!

1) Regardless if I do this or get a aftermarket I still have to cut the tail correct?
2) How do you cut the light I have the basic idea but does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks, think I might try this tomorrow!

Gulp, hope I dont cut to far haha

41 - 60 of 88 Posts