Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

121 - 140 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Jotaro,

So cut a little round, small piece with a little hole in the middle, pull out the needle and place it in there, put the needle back in?

Do you have a pic of it? Thx.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Jotaro,

So cut a little round, small piece with a little hole in the middle, pull out the needle and place it in there, put the needle back in?

Do you have a pic of it? Thx.
yeah, but for me instead of taking the need out, i make a cut across one side of the donut, since it's a plastic film it wont fold/deform as easily as paper (as shown for reference)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Alright Jotaro, it's official now..you gotta get whatever car I get so you can show me how to mod the gauge cluster:

History:

2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L -> done
2007 Honda 600RR -> done

Next car: 2008 (or maybe next year 2009?)

2008 (9) Lexus LS460
or
2009 Lexus SC460 (if they remodel)

get yourself ready bro :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Alright Jotaro, it's official now..you gotta get whatever car I get so you can show me how to mod the gauge cluster:

History:

2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L -> done
2007 Honda 600RR -> done

Next car: 2008 (or maybe next year 2009?)

2008 (9) Lexus LS460
or
2009 Lexus SC460 (if they remodel)

get yourself ready bro :)
supply me with the car then i'll gut it out
haha
you left out tacoma :p

·
Registered
294 Posts
:thrasher: you da man!! i'm still waiting for my plcc white led's i bought on e**y, supposedly 2500mcd which is brighter than ozniums ~700 mcd.
jotaro, since these color filters come in a large sheet, what will you do with the rest if you only cut out a small donut? you can probably cut the rest into 1" squares and sell them to us(or give them out if you feel generous, for just shipping cost :biggrin:) ... nice work nonetheless..
-mike

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
:thrasher: you da man!! i'm still waiting for my plcc white led's i bought on e**y, supposedly 2500mcd which is brighter than ozniums ~700 mcd.
jotaro, since these color filters come in a large sheet, what will you do with the rest if you only cut out a small donut? you can probably cut the rest into 1" squares and sell them to us(or give them out if you feel generous, for just shipping cost :biggrin:) ... nice work nonetheless..
-mike

actually i cut mine out of the swatch book that i got for free from "Cal Stage & Lighting" 714-966-1852

although i personally wouldn't pick the brightest led out there just because our gauge clusters are not dimmable..

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
actually i cut mine out of the swatch book that i got for free from "Cal Stage & Lighting" 714-966-1852

although i personally wouldn't pick the brightest led out there just because our gauge clusters are not dimmable..
Oh gezz..now you tell me it's free.. Just bought a sheet of 24" for 7.95 plus 8 shipping!! But hell, now I have enough to mod the whole forum member's clusters..ahahhaha.
anyone needs some & want to split the cost with me? if 2 then split the cost in half and I'll mail 1/2 sheet to you...if 3 peeps then cost/3 and I'll mail 1/3 sheet to you etc...

·
Registered
294 Posts
looks amazing random..i actually went onto roscolux's website and requested a swatch sample :biggrin: jotaro got me worried now..just hope the led's i got won't be overly bright.
about the ls460, that's the car i've been eyeing for a while now..waiting for the bugs to be ironed out. you can check out info and mods done on this car at clublexus.com ...
-mike
I must say this is a great trick...color is close to perfection.

PS. Test drove the LS460 today. So smooth. I like it a lot. Also, it has white guage....so I guess no hacking :(

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I must say this is a great trick...color is close to perfection.

PS. Test drove the LS460 today. So smooth. I like it a lot. Also, it has white guage....so I guess no hacking :(
coolio
post up some pix when you got yours done, random

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
coolio
post up some pix when you got yours done, random
Gave the bike to my cousin already...I promised him if he got in surgery residency I'd give it to him...Well he got in. Anyways, picking up a fresh 08 red or 07 white in mid march. I'm tied up at work until then. But will mod it the first thing...blue LCD and white gauge with red needle of course :)

I am still debating on what color (red 08 or white 07) I should get....I have a voting thread in the "general forum"...whichever way the votes comes out at the end, that'll be the color I'll take :) Your vote counts :))

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here are a couple of pics from my 2007 conversion from amber to white. I figure it might help out others who might be wondering about how many LEDs they need to buy and/or where each of the LEDs is located.

I'm still waiting for my bit of red plastic to make the needle red, but I got impatient to put the LEDs in.

Naked cluster:

Stock cluster lit up:

Modified cluster lit up:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for the pics- im gonna try to do that to mine as well. Im thinking blue for the LCD's and White for tach and red for needle. I also like the all white look as well but if im going through all that trouble i want it to be different colors then LOL...

So the lights for turn signals are defined by the color LED not by the plastic over the lights (ive seen it where the plastic determines the color not the LED) but if the LED is the determining factor for color thats sweet- i would like to change them as well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks for the pics- im gonna try to do that to mine as well. Im thinking blue for the LCD's and White for tach and red for needle. I also like the all white look as well but if im going through all that trouble i want it to be different colors then LOL...

So the lights for turn signals are defined by the color LED not by the plastic over the lights (ive seen it where the plastic determines the color not the LED) but if the LED is the determining factor for color thats sweet- i would like to change them as well.
The turn signals are lit up by green LEDs, but I'm not sure if the plastic in front of it is also green (I don't think it is).

The needle color is determined by the needle's color but also by the tach LEDs. That is, there is no specific LED to light the needle. The bit of red plastic that Jotaro shows is what helps to make it glow red from the sides.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Im in the process of doing mine- i got the cluster off... First off the 08 sucks to get it off- the bike is like assembled in pieces and you cant get to it unless you take all the small pieces around it off. Its amazing how it all ties in together. But i cant wait to start soldering tomorrow.

121 - 140 of 205 Posts