Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Wanted to put this out as our new delay relay is almost ready. We have a new delay relay that will be able to delay dual Hid's or bulbs. What does this mean?
You will wire our delay up to your low beam and you can connect your high and low beam to the other side. Very easy install, no relays to wire up no additional wire to use. Look for this in the coming weeks. Only delay relay on the market that does not need to connect to the battery for it to delay your headlight from coming on when you turn the key on!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey, sorry for reopening an old thread! just have a quick question. im using this mod to do something similar. i wanted to use the hi/low switch to control my LEDs that are all over my bike. so what im trying to accomplish is, lo beam, both lights are on (hi and lo), when i switch to high beam, both lights and LEDs are on. so i wired up the relay and the only way to get this to work is if i put the positive leads from the headlights on both pins 87 and 87a but when i do that, my LEDs just stay on. Can this be prevented if i put Diodes on leads? kinda the same way you would wire up turn signals to have running lights. If yes, what current rating Diodes would i need to get? thanks so much!!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You could but the diode isn't the most effective way to do it. You can use our dual headlight module and wire the led's to the high beam + and you should be all set

·
Registered
17 Posts
well i already have the relay wired up. thinking about it now, can i just use the hi/low trigger wire as my power source for the LEDs and just leave my lights wired to the relay for power source? i don't have an actual hi beam anymore, i put a regular bulb in and adjusted the position to just always have both lights on at the same time. i read on the forum to use the relay for power source because its better than running the + on both headlights to the bikes original relay.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
It all depends how it's wired. If you have a double poll relay you can use the other leg for the led's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have some side emitting strips which i want to use as my running lights and have the headlights off when bike is ON -

I want my hi/low switch to turn on my HID HIGH BEAMS

Can someone make one these for me and i will pay you , i have no knowledge of electrical stuff /relays. If interested ,you can send me a message or reply below.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts