Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever seen a diy for converting an econo van into a bike hauler, I cant remember which forum it was on..

·
Registered
688 Posts
its on cbrforum.com and i think its under the diy section or something like that

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ceph...How are you liking the van? I was thinking about doin the same thing..But I was wondering about the hassles of using a van like that as a transport? Is it pretty easy to load the bike? You just gotta duck down huh? Econovans are too expensive for my wallet and I can't affort a good trailer either..So I though about doin exacty what you did..just wasn't sure if it'd work out...Cause then I'd have covered transport, a little more security, and I could sleep in the van at the track! I wonder if you could fit a dirt bike in there?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here is an SV stuffed into an astro van.

600RR and another SV stuffed into a dodge cargo van.. wheel chocks are bolted into the floor, the Astro van has one of those baxter, baxley something or other chocks in it.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Sick! Yah..I'm really thinking about getting one...There's a couple econoline vans around where I live, so hopefully they'll do a straight trade for my truck..Thanks for the pics nick..It cleared alot up for me..It looks like the econoline van is more what I need...That's cool that the 400ex fits in there...Hmm I guess I could use either or...Well just see which one I get a better deal on...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
toyotafj40s said:
duh of course it can be done how do u think motorcycles get stolen so easily!
Umm...yeah...I believe he was asking for the do it yourself article, not if you can do it...

·
Registered
153 Posts
what's there to do but bolt some chocks to the floor, or get the baxley chocks if you don't want to drill into the floor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts