Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw a few posts of people asking how to wire there Bank Angle Sensor so they could eliminate there headlights, signals, and to remove there gages. I've done this mod and figured i would write a DIY to help others. I only recommend doing this mod to a track bike. It works great because if you have a spill at the track and you bust up your front end, you won't have to worry about replacing those expensive guages or headlights. I've included the instructions on the photo's themselves.

*THIS MOD WAS PERFORMED ON A 03 CBR600RR PLEASE REFER TO YOUR SERVICE MANUAL TO VERIFY SCHEMATICS ARE THE SAME IF YOU HAVE A NEWER BIKE*

This mod rewires your Bank Angle Sensor and allows you to unplug the front wiring harness. If you decide you want to also eliminate your horn, turn signal dimmer switch you will need to Wire the Clutch Switch directly into the main harness as well, which is shown below.

The great thing about this mod, is it can be completely reveresed with no problems. All you have to do is plug your front wiring harness back in and it will work with no problems. Because all you did was wire your BAS and Clutch switch directly into the main harness. Hope this helps out.

After doing the wiring Mods you will want to relocate you BAS as shown in the photo below.

· Registered
196 Posts
I think this is a good DIY even though it took me a while after starring at the pictures for a while.

However, I am assuming if I wanted to keep the gauge I could just strip the headlight and turn signal wires out of the loom and call it good?

Another thing if you didn't want the BAS tie the G (ground) and R/W together. That will eliminate the BAS all together.

· Registered
962 Posts
Sorry guys i been MIA i crashed on dec 19th. i decided to mess with the bike today and amazing it started and i got to take it a few blocks. But then it blew the fuse in the solenoid that is connected to the battery. Now everytime i click the key over and give the battery power the fuse blows. Not sure whats wrong but im still looking into it. ...

So this is what i did.

I tied in the green from the blue plug with the red/white from the grey plug. Now like i said before this did work but now im having that issue with the fuses blowing in that solenoid ill probably start a thread on it to try and get some help.

· Registered
1 Posts
I saw a few posts of people asking how to wire there Bank Angle Sensor so they could eliminate there headlights, signals, and to remove there gages. I've done this mod and figured i would write a DIY to help others. I only recommend doing this mod to a track bike. It works great because if you have a spill at the track and you bust up your front end, you won't have to worry about replacing those expensive guages or headlights. I've included the instructions on the photo's themselves.

THIS MOD WAS PERFORMED ON A 03 CBR600RR PLEASE REFER TO YOUR SERVICE MANUAL TO VERIFY SCHEMATICS ARE THE SAME IF YOU HAVE A NEWER BIKE

This mod rewires your Bank Angle Sensor and allows you to unplug the front wiring harness. If you decide you want to also eliminate your horn, turn signal dimmer switch you will need to Wire the Clutch Switch directly into the main harness as well, which is shown below.

The great thing about this mod, is it can be completely reveresed with no problems. All you have to do is plug your front wiring harness back in and it will work with no problems. Because all you did was wire your BAS and Clutch switch directly into the main harness. Hope this helps out.

After doing the wiring Mods you will want to relocate you BAS as shown in the photo below.
Can u send me these pictures it won’t load them on here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts